Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speech Commands No Longer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2018 Model S 100D no longer has speech commands as the message "Connection Error Try Again" comes up regardless of what I say into the computer. Has anyone had this issue, and if so, what did you do to resolve? Thank you.

Spoke too soon... it seems this might be a recent bug specific to the Model S:

It is not unusual for my car to not have a cell signal for up to 3 minutes after I start driving. In this time, I cannot voice a NAV destination, or execute any voice commands because of "Connection Error". I feel this is common.

It is not unusual for my car to not have a cell signal for up to 3 minutes after I start driving. In this time, I cannot voice a NAV destination, or execute any voice commands because of "Connection Error". I feel this is common.
Is that because of where you're at? Or because it seems to take 3 minutes before functioning?

My Model 3 sometimes doesn't connect when I first start driving, but it's more like 10 seconds.

Likely where my house is located. I get Verizon 5G, and the ATT signal is usually weaker, but it is taking miles sometimes to get the signal going in the car and can't just be my home location. Verizon rarely ever loses signal. AT&T is more frequently a poor signal, according to my car. This is another reason I am investigating saving the $10 a month Tesla fee and using a Verizon Hotspot on my phone for the car connection. However, I really don't like having to turn the Hotspot on every time I start to drive. Maybe I'll just be keeping the Tesla AT&T service for the fee as it is more convenient.