Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed Adjusting Audio Volume?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am constantly adjusting my volume to match background noise, generally speed related. I have owned much less expensive cars that had this feature. Is there a control I am missing, or does everyone just deal with it?

I am constantly adjusting my volume to match background noise, generally speed related. I have owned much less expensive cars that had this feature. Is there a control I am missing, or does everyone just deal with it?
Doesn’t seem that Tesla has caught up with everyone else is this regard. It’s been a requested feature that’s has yet to be implemented.

In stop and go highway driving I find I am always adjusting the volume based on increased ambient noise. Another unusual feature is that each source has a different volume, requiring adjustments as you phone or channel surf.

Reactions: Tonic750
In stop and go highway driving I find I am always adjusting the volume based on increased ambient noise. Another unusual feature is that each source has a different volume, requiring adjustments as you phone or channel surf.
Agree. I was just looking for this feature the other day. Especially when I have the roof open and windows down I find myself adjusting the volume more.

Anyone else having this issue?
When freeway driving, and audio is scrolled up from volume click 23 to click 28, system reverts to 23 within a few seconds—over and over again. Impossible to set, and keep, at 24, or 25, or 27, or 27, or 28. Behavior persistent and repeatable across multiple version upgrades; same yesterday 3/7/22 as video from 2/8/20: