Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed (and acceleration) Kills (Range that is)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was searching for some other information on Li batteries and ran across this article showing a faster degradation rate with higher discharge rates. Just another reason to take it easy on the accelerator. Your battery will last longer!

True and faster discharge rates eats tires up quickly especially on a RWD Model 3. The OEM tires on my RWD Model 3 lasted less than 15K miles. I have done very few launches since I replaced the tires. Fast acceleration is costly on any car.

Reactions: sleepydoc
True and faster discharge rates eats tires up quickly especially on a RWD Model 3. The OEM tires on my RWD Model 3 lasted less than 15K miles. I have done very few launches since I replaced the tires. Fast acceleration is costly on any car.
Degrading the battery and wearing out the tires takes energy too! Hence faster acceleration has lower efficiency than gradual acceleration. Save it for when you really need to show off off the line (me yesterday against a 1980s Corvette).

Reactions: sleepydoc