TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Speed Assist tied to TACC?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by bursch, Feb 20, 2016.

1. bursch

bursch Member

Model P85D v7.1 and Model X v7.1

Here’s the scenario:

Set the Offset From Speed Limit to say +10 (relative mode)

Drive at 40mph (or any speed) and engage the cruise control by pulling up on the stalk. Come to a stop, (either by touching the brake or pushing the stalk away from you). Then continue STRAIGHT AHEAD. After accelerating above 20mph the TACC will show 40 and you can pull the stalk towards you to accelerate to 40mph and resume the speed originally set.

Now repeat the same scenario, but this time after stopping at an intersection, MAKE THE TURN to the right or the left. Now after accelerating past 20mph the TACC will show AT A MINIMUM the actual road speed limit +10, but can be higher. I’ve seen it go as high as 65 or 70.

The only cure I have found is to set the Speed Assist to 0. Set it at a negative number and the TACC won’t show anything.

So why is the TACC dependent on the Speed Assist and why is it only when turning a corner?