Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed in kilometres per hour?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have to change a setting to drive on the correct side of the road as well.

Seems mighty inconvenient.
Does it really? Given there aren't that many places in the world where people regularly transition from driving on one side of the road to the other and most of those that exist are probably not key Tesla markets right now its probably not high on the priority list of features. I can think of many things I would rather they committed development resource to like fixing the 4kw charging bug and doing more software testing.

Reactions: WarpedOne
My £300 TomTom switches everything automatically when I emerge from the tunnel into France.

I would have expected a Tesla costing far more would at least match the Tomtom.

It does switch everything automatically in terms of Autopilot, GPS etc. It doesn't change your units of measurement because that is an entirely personal choice. i don't think it is an automatic assumption that just because you're travelling on the continent you want to swap to KPH. And if you do, I estimate it takes about 11 seconds to do so in the menus - plenty of chance to do so on the crossing over!

Leaving on MPH in France is not a good idea, too many 20 KPH stretches in villages to catch you out. And they appear far too quickly for mapping to keep up to date every time.

What is needed is a simple setting - choose auto MPH/KPH switching or leave it on manual, then everyone is catered for.

Come to think of it, my £300 Tomtom might do that already.

Leaving on MPH in France is not a good idea, too many 20 KPH stretches in villages to catch you out. And they appear far too quickly for mapping to keep up to date every time.

What is needed is a simple setting - choose auto MPH/KPH switching or leave it on manual, then everyone is catered for.

Come to think of it, my £300 Tomtom might do that already.
Just to let you know that if you keep to mph then the screen converts the current speed limit into mph I.e. 31mph (50km/h) in villages, 50mph (80 km/h on National roads etc......

I previously read that the car automatically changes headlights when on the continent- I’ve never checked but have never been flashed so they don’t seem to be a problem. Does youR Tom tom help put stickers on the headlights on other cars :)

Just to let you know that if you keep to mph then the screen converts the current speed limit into mph I.e. 31mph (50km/h) in villages, 50mph (80 km/h on National roads etc......

I previously read that the car automatically changes headlights when on the continent- I’ve never checked but have never been flashed so they don’t seem to be a problem. Does youR Tom tom help put stickers on the headlights on other cars :)
I was told that about the headlights changing automatically. This is Tesla so no telling if it works or not!

I do like that about LED headlights, it's very easy to switch the lights from LHD to RHD, on may other car it's just a setting in the menu.