Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed Limit corrections - no luck so far

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've found speed limits to be very frustrating in my 2.5 hardware M3. The stretch of road I drive most (have to drive it 10-15 minutes either direction no matter where I'm going) has added phantom 45mph sections over the 2.5 years I've owned the vehicle. These aren't temporary for construction or slowdowns for sometimes-active school zones. This is just in the middle of nowhere it drops to 45 and hits the brakes unexpectedly.

Then there's the stretch of road that will decelerate to 45 and then accelerate on its own to 65 while displaying a speed limit of 55. From my previous time editing maps for Google, Waze, and OSM, I think it's a special exit-lane segment that can override even the speed I have set and automatically accelerate the car 10mph over the limit even when I have it set to drive at the limit. I also experience the problem reported by Coolbuddy last year where crossing under another road makes the car drop from the 70mph interstate limit to the 25mph limit of the road above.

I get that autosteer is meant for the California freeways and we're taking our lives in our own hands using it anywhere else, but it's frustrating to see them get the speed limits so awfully wrong and then take away all means of providing feedback. Over the time I've owned the vehicle, every customer service/feedback email address has closed with no apparent way to send reports other than engaging a level 1 tech support agent directly and allowing them to read from their script.

If you want speed limits fixed in the maps Tesla uses, I believe that submitting corrections through TomTom is the only way (I've done it before). I tried OpenStreetMaps with no effect, but have had effect from fixing them on TomTom. Of course, there's no way to 100% know that my fixes were what caused Google and Tesla to update their info. Worth a try Mapshare

• Informative
Reactions: KenC