TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Speed limit database updated?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by DaddyP713, Apr 18, 2018.

1. DaddyP713

DaddyP713 Member

Hi all,

My Model X is still on 2018.10.4, and my Model S is on 2018.12. Both are MCU1, and the old maps/nav.

Yesterday, on local roads near my home, both cars suddenly began reporting that the speed limit is different than it was the day before.

Unfortunately, it isn't an improvement.

The speed limit on these roads is 55mph. Two days ago, portions of the road were shown as 55, and other portions were shown as 45.

Yesterday, it started showing it as 45 everywhere.

Has anyone else noticed this?

• Informative x 1
  2. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

Yep. Same here. I was using autopilot on a 50 mph road and I noticed it slowed suddenly to 30mph because it thought it was 25mph.

• Informative x 2
  3. obie_fl

obie_fl Member

I noticed it here too... on 2018.12.

• Informative x 2
  4. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

Same grossly incorrect speed limits in my area even though I've submitted corrects...sigh

• Informative x 1
  5. cmal

cmal Member

How do you submit correction requests?

6. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

Map Share™ Reporter

Not that I think they actually do anything with the information...lol

• Like x 1
  7. henderrj

henderrj Member

Interesting, I have a road where the speed limit is 45 and the autopilot limit flickers between 45 and 50. It takes less than a second in three spots. About 10 seconds in another.

8. crashvt

crashvt Member

My AP in my AP1 car is now limiting to only 5 miles over on a local roads. It it didn't have limitations before 2018.12.

9. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

It used to do that a year and a half ago. I don't recall when it changed, somewhere about a year ago and now it seems to have changed back

10. henderrj

henderrj Member

Okay, this is strange, mine has limited to 5 miles over on auto steer on local roads the entire time I've owned it. Somewhat over a year.

11. PhaseWhite

PhaseWhite Member

I've had this limit on some roads for a while but something definitely changed as I'm seeing ithe way more frequently now.

12. crashvt

crashvt Member

I think AP2 was limited, but AP1 had less limitations.

13. dbldwn02

dbldwn02 Member

Same thing here. Long story short, an 8 mile stretch of road was rerouted two years ago to make it straighter and the speed limit was increased from 45 to 55. Because of the reroute, the limit didn't show in the car. I could go 60 on AP. It was perfect! AP worked flawlessly. Life was good!

Then a couple days ago, the limit popped up and guess what? 45mph! WTF!? It hasn't been 45 for over two years. Now I can't use AP on my entire drive to/from work, since it only lets me do 5 over. I'll get killed/shot doing 50 on that road today.

Where's the advertised speed limit reading Teslas at? Then we wouldn't have to rely on such crappy 3rd party map data.

14. x2ph

x2ph New Member

I think you can extend the speed limit by using some setings in the center screen.
    Or is the maximum override limited now?

15. crashvt

crashvt Member

C1B24C1A-B5C4-447A-8D7B-A0CEBF535DC0.jpeg
    I have the speed to at offset of +9. AP won’t let me set a speed higher than 5 mph over the speed level limit.

16. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

That’s the way they intend for it to work. +5 is the maximum delta on anything but interstates essentially.

• Informative x 1
  17. henderrj

henderrj Member

That is correct. I think the actual verbiage is "divided highway".

18. arcus

arcus Active Member

To the contrary, my car stopped finally stopped slowing down on a stretch of an interstate that I frequent - now it continues at 60 mph (correct speed limit) instead of 45-50. AP2.

19. ahulett

ahulett Member

I-35E? I’m seeing 60 throughout rather than dipping to 45 or 50 on there with the change.

20. arcus

arcus Active Member

Yes, particulary the stretch between Denton and Lewisville. I was getting 2-3 ghost braking events every time.