Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed limit database updated?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

My Model X is still on 2018.10.4, and my Model S is on 2018.12. Both are MCU1, and the old maps/nav.

Yesterday, on local roads near my home, both cars suddenly began reporting that the speed limit is different than it was the day before.

Unfortunately, it isn't an improvement.

The speed limit on these roads is 55mph. Two days ago, portions of the road were shown as 55, and other portions were shown as 45.

Yesterday, it started showing it as 45 everywhere.

Has anyone else noticed this?

• Informative
Reactions: David29
Hi all,

My Model X is still on 2018.10.4, and my Model S is on 2018.12. Both are MCU1, and the old maps/nav.

Yesterday, on local roads near my home, both cars suddenly began reporting that the speed limit is different than it was the day before.

Unfortunately, it isn't an improvement.

The speed limit on these roads is 55mph. Two days ago, portions of the road were shown as 55, and other portions were shown as 45.

Yesterday, it started showing it as 45 everywhere.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Yep. Same here. I was using autopilot on a 50 mph road and I noticed it slowed suddenly to 30mph because it thought it was 25mph.

Same thing here. Long story short, an 8 mile stretch of road was rerouted two years ago to make it straighter and the speed limit was increased from 45 to 55. Because of the reroute, the limit didn't show in the car. I could go 60 on AP. It was perfect! AP worked flawlessly. Life was good!

Then a couple days ago, the limit popped up and guess what? 45mph! WTF!? It hasn't been 45 for over two years. Now I can't use AP on my entire drive to/from work, since it only lets me do 5 over. I'll get killed/shot doing 50 on that road today.

Where's the advertised speed limit reading Teslas at? Then we wouldn't have to rely on such crappy 3rd party map data.

C1B24C1A-B5C4-447A-8D7B-A0CEBF535DC0.jpeg
I think you can extend the speed limit by using some setings in the center screen.
Or is the maximum override limited now?

I have the speed to at offset of +9. AP won’t let me set a speed higher than 5 mph over the speed level limit.