Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed limit is wrong!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if reporting directly to the Google Maps website would be more effective? Various ways to do that but it’s about as follows
Send Feedback=>Report a data problem=>Tap on the road where the Speed Limit data is wrong=>Add a note that the speed limit is wrong=> send your report.

I submitted bug reports frequently. No idea if it helped but it made me feel better. Fixed them for me around March. I think the 2019.12.x software version.
Since the speed limit data doesn't come from Tesla you're best bet would be to report it directly to Google as described in the post above. I'd be very surprised if Tesla is forwarding them on to Google when they get a bug report.

I submitted bug reports frequently. No idea if it helped but it made me feel better. Fixed them for me around March. I think the 2019.12.x software version.
Where do you submit bug reports?
Did Tesla fix it so your car reads speed signs? I am really pissed that my brand new Model 3 doesnt even read speed signs - because in zones with temp reduced speed limit the cruise control accellerates up to the map defined speed :-(

Reactions: UncaNed
You can keep the car from rapidly accelerating to an incorrect speed limit by slightly pressing on the go pedal. If you’re using the go pedal, you control the acceleration up to the set speed. This will keep it from zooming up to speed and give you a chance to lower the set speed on the cruise control. Not perfect, but a decent hack...

• Informative
Reactions: Enginerd
There needs to be a better way to report wrong speed limits, though really the car should be reading the limits.
Agree, but in my opinion the bug is that instead of simply using my current driving speed when activating cruise control (like every other car I have tried) it sets the cruise control to some assumed speed limit.

There are roads near where I live where the AP thinks the speed limit is 35 when it is really 45 and everyone drives 55. So it's a real pain to have to step on the electric pedal and override the AP speed control.

We need a software update to where we can manually set the speed no matter what the signs and maps say the limit is. Or at least allow 15 over instead of 5.