Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed limit mode and chill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 26.3 and it automatically turns on chill.

As far as not speeding to the point of impoundment, that’s what I’m trying to prevent. Precisely. As you all know a quick overtake can get your speed up rapidly. I’ve caught myself once or twice at a speed I didn’t want to be at. All it takes is one error and a laser beam reading.

I realize it’s not set to a speed limit + amount but rather a maximum speed. That’s fine. I’d like 130Km/h as the top. I don’t want to lose acceleration from 0 as a result.

Reactions: Tedkidd
What about simply avoiding speeding to the extent that would cause your car to be impounded?
Ya I thought of that. To be honest it’s not for me. After careful consideration I’ve realized there will always be someone holding up traffic in the left lane that I’ll eventually have the opportunity to get around and I’ll take it. Pissed off too. So I’ll hit the accelerator and exceed the limit by more than I intended. I’m pretty self aware so I’m trying to take steps to avoid a hefty infraction. A small one that doesn’t require me walking home is one I can live with. Thanks for the suggestion though. While I know you thought it was a rhetorical question, and to some it would be, to me it wasn’t.

Ya, there are places on 15 through WA state where state troopers are featured in the local rag for the number of tickets they write. They work on bikes and tag team along the road approaching the bridge into Oregon. On freeways it's not hard to inadvertently ease up to well over the limit, and the limit at that place is 60 mph.

The most useful part of my Subaru's "eyesight" feature is the ability to limit car speed as you like. At that part of road my speed is 60 mph because seven years ago I was ticketed there for 70 mph by the phantom bike cops. It was a $650. ticket then - no idea what it would be now.

So now, on I5 my new Tesla M3 is set not to exceed 60 mph before I have to use that section of the roadway.

I see the point of the question, I think.

Reactions: Tedkidd