Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Speed limited to 90mph" and other issues and Tesla keeps pushing back repair appointments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the past few months I haven't been able to go over 90mph in my Tesla Model S Plaid because of an error which says "Speed limited to 90mph", here are the relevant error codes: DI_a250, TAS2_a314. Albeit I did slightly hit a pole to break my side repeater camera (which they've been delaying shipment for *months*) so side repeater and relevant autopilot functions could be impaired (that's fine)

However a few weeks after that incident it said I couldn't go over 90mph, nothing prompted that prior to that error. Tesla made the excuse that its because of the side repeater but really hasn't given me any help after buying their top line model :(. I've restarted the car, tried even plugging in the side camera housing to no avail.

Anyone solve a similar issue to this? It's gut wrenching paying this much only for it to completely flatline after 89 mph only a few month of use. Not a huge fan of their really lacking customer service/support.

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Have you set the Maximum Speed of your vehicle to 90 MPH?

To enable Speed Limit Mode:
1. Ensure the vehicle is in Park.
2. Touch Controls > Safety & Security > Speed Limit Mode on the touchscreen or CONTROLS in
your mobile app.
3. Select the maximum driving speed that you would like to limit the vehicle to.
4. Drag the slider to the ON position.
5. Enter the 4-digit PIN that you want to use to disable and enable Speed Limit Mode.

Reactions: cwerdna
So you haven't set the speed limit to 90? It will give you the exact message you are reporting.
No no, its not under any of those settings where its set to be limited. Here's what it shows alongside some adaptive ride control and "AP" is limited errors
Screen Shot 2022-07-03 at 6.09.18 PM.png

Reactions: DerbyDave
It is possible that you have a corrupt entry for the speed limit stored in your driver profile. Perhaps next drive set the limit near your current speed, and test the limit. Then toggle the speed limit back off. This should reset this entry in your driver profile. Another test would be to create a new driver profile, set that as active, and then see if your speed is still limited to 90mph.