Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed to set suspension to "low"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find it interesting that the speed by default to set the suspension to low is 100mph. A little too fast for 99% of my driving. Yes, I have taken the car over 100 mph, but only for brief moments. With that said, it is common for me to drive in the 80 to 85 range.

What I don't have a feel for is exactly how low the car is relative to the roads in Illinois and Indiana. If I am over 80, it is only on the highway. Should I feel safe lowering the car at that speed?

Thoughts?

I find it interesting that the speed by default to set the suspension to low is 100mph. A little too fast for 99% of my driving. Yes, I have taken the car over 100 mph, but only for brief moments. With that said, it is common for me to drive in the 80 to 85 range.

What I don't have a feel for is exactly how low the car is relative to the roads in Illinois and Indiana. If I am over 80, it is only on the highway. Should I feel safe lowering the car at that speed?

Thoughts?
100mph is NOT the default setting. Set it to whatever speed you want and go on with your life.

Reactions: Fossil Fool
When my MX was set to low the inside rear tires wore out quickly. A little research uncovered that lowering the suspension causes the tires to toe inward. Speculation is if you know your almost never going to need go above low, you could have an alignment done to account for the inward toe. In fact, that is what my ranger told me Tesla already does, so I could just leave them in low. But, then why did my rear tires wear on inside like so many others have reported? Lastly, I have no idea if this issue still holds with the new Raven suspension. I believe Zack and Jesse on Now You Know documented this on their MX if you want to search their youtube channel.