Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speed while transitioning from city street to residential

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My residential tract is fed from two lighted intersection city streets. One street is 50MPH and the other is 45MPH before the intersection. The problem I'm having with FSD is that when the car crosses the intersection into the residential street, it keeps the speed limit at 50 or 45 until there is a curve (about 8 houses into the tract) to the left or right, which it then drops to 25MPH at the curve. There are no speed limit signs, so the car must be getting the new speed limit from map data that it's now on a residential street.

I've reported the problem in detail to Tesla via their e-mail address (fsdbeta at tesla.com), so hopefully it will be addressed. I understand there is a maps update coming (mine is still on the 2020 maps), which may help.

Anyone else have this problem where their car comes into a residential street at full city street speeds? I've learned to manually lower the speed to 20 or 25MPH when crossing the intersection.

Yes, mine does this driving into my neighborhood as well. I'm not sure how or why it eventually gets a lower speed limit (as with you, there aren't any posted speed limit signs there), but even the lower speed is too fast. I wrote them about this ages ago (maybe beta 10.2?) but the problem remains.

I can only assume they're still focused on "big picture" stuff and have items like this on the back burner.