Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speeding tickets, anyone?

In the last two years of ownership, have you had any speeding tickets?

• I have a bit of an issue, so yes, more than two.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have had one so far

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
I know that our Teslas and most EV's in general, are real torque-monsters. The tendency to stomp it and show up )or get out of the way of) aggressive ICE'rs is an easy one to fall prey to. I'm wondering as these cars are quite stealthy and LEO usually hears the rolling thunder before even seeing them.

Handheld police radars don't work on sound level, they catch Teslas just as much as any cars. Bonus, some police might not like Teslas and might think we're rich j**ks so they might act passive-aggressive. Don't ask me how I know...
EDIT: not all police act like that, I've encountered very nice ones too. for me it was 50/50 since it's a total of two encounters :D

Reactions: Soul Surfer
Handheld police radars don't work on sound level, they catch Teslas just as much as any cars. Bonus, some police might not like Teslas and might think we're rich j**ks so they might act passive-aggressive. Don't ask me how I know...
EDIT: not all police act like that, I've encountered very nice ones too. for me it was 50/50 since it's a total of two encounters :D
He wasn’t Implying that. But the ICE roaring thunder is a heads up to get their radar and LiDAR guns ready for some action.