Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Speedometer Dash Screen separating?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what is happening here. It looks like there is something separating from the glass/screen.
This is happening on the inside of the dash. What is shown in the photo happening within a 24 hour period.
My warranty expired some months ago (of course) and it looks like the Tesla service appt. will be replacing the dash (~$1500). I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else and try to find out exactly what could have caused this.
37F09274-398D-4AA3-9793-2D6752AA95D1.jpeg

It is common for the older screen. If you search for leaking/bubbling screens you will find lots of hits. If your MCU/center screen hasn't already done this and been replaced it could do it at any time as well.

You might want to think about doing the Infotainment Upgrade, which replaces both screens, for $2,500 instead of just replacing the IC screen. ($500 more if you want to keep FM/XM.)

Another option is that you can buy a compatible screen for ~$300 and replace it yourself.

• Helpful
Reactions: byeLT4
Not sure what is happening here. It looks like there is something separating from the glass/screen.
This is happening on the inside of the dash. What is shown in the photo happening within a 24 hour period.
My warranty expired some months ago (of course) and it looks like the Tesla service appt. will be replacing the dash (~$1500). I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else and try to find out exactly what could have caused this.
Ironically, I was moving my wife's car 2013 Model S yesterday and noticed the same thing happened to her screen. She hadn't noticed or mentioned anything about it to me previously. I thought it odd and here I am the next day stumbling across your post. :)

I may consider the infotainment upgrade for her car if it really does replace both screens (as a person replying to your post mentioned here).

Reactions: uscgreel