TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Spercharger Status post Hurricane Matthew

Discussion in 'Model S' started by John5396, Oct 11, 2016.

1. John5396

John5396 Member

I'm in NC, and will be heading south to Florida this weekend. Is there anyway top check and see if the superchargers are back online? I know that I-95 at Lumberton NC is still closed from flooding. Does the trip planner in the navigation system know which superchagers are open?

2. MDinFL

MDinFL Member

AFAIK, PSL and WPB are OK. Plantation should be fine.

3. Hendry01

Hendry01 Member

I believe the car nav will show you if a SC is not operation (it wont be red)

4. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

If PlugShare shows recent comments from visitors then probably OK. Absence of comments tells you nothing though ...

5. bobinfla

bobinfla S-Vin 4086 Rdstr-Vin 0019

I will be traveling northbound through North Carolina on Monday. Can anyone provide an update on Lumberton SC? Is it operational and reachable? I know it requires a detour off the closed section of I-95, can it be reached via the local roads? Any help greatly appreciated.

6. 997cab

997cab Member

7. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

A little off topic but Is there an app or some other resource that can show you in real time what stalls are occupied?

8. 997cab

997cab Member

Click on the lighting bolt on the top of the "Waze for Tesla" site & it will show you the number of SC stations & the number occupied. It doesn't look like they have an app as of yet.

9. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

My understanding is that that is Waze detecting that you are there (and adding one) and if you use Waze in a browser you get the chance to input the number of stalls busy / how many people waiting?

The Waze APP, itself, has never asked me for such info, so I've never contributed anything (other than by virtue of me, myself, sitting there charging - but maybe when i finish charging if I move just a few feet to a parking stall I might still be in the geofence of "waiters"?)

Seems daft that Tesla has this info and doesn't publish it