Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spider living in vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lynnpt2001

Cookie Monster MX & M3
Sep 9, 2015
Greencastle PA
This guy appeared today while driving, went back down into the vent. Need advice on how to get him

Attachments

• 20201221_090822.jpg
    20201221_090822.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 462
  • Funny
Reactions: Dolemite and KenC
I can't believe all but 1 comment is actually helpful. Eveyeone a comedian nowadays.

@lynnpt2001
You can use the vacuum. You should also take out the dash top trim to get into the vents. Also the vents are continuous on the floor under center console where it exists at 2 vents under your driver and passenger front seats. Heat? Maybe. There are sprays you can get for spiders but I wouldn't want to put it in vent system where you breath this air.

Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. You're in Pennsylvania, not Australia. It's not a black widow, or a brown recluse. It's some sort of harmless wolf spider, I'd bet. And it won't be "nesting" in there; that's a hunter of some kind (i.e. not web-spinning), and it looks like it's probably a male (pedipalps). You probably won't see it again. And if you do, and you don't want to ever see it again, smash it and be done with it. Definitely not worth tearing apart the dash or poisoning/burning your whole car.

• Love
Reactions: goldengate