Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spigen Matte screen protector - looking for feedback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Soul Surfer

Cancervivor, tech geek & musician
I’ve put a clear glass one on my screen and while it does a great job, the glare and fingerprints are annoying. Anyone have experience to share about the benefits of the Spigen matte with matching installation template? It is about 2x the price but seems pretty good. Thank you.

I use a spigen screen protector, the applicator
I’ve put a clear glass one on my screen and while it does a great job, the glare and fingerprints are annoying. Anyone have experience to share about the benefits of the Spigen matte with matching installation template? It is about 2x the price but seems pretty good. Thank you.
Not sure if I have the “matte” one from spigen, but I do have a screen protector from them. The application process is very easy with their template. It comes with everything you need for a smooth install. The template is a game changer and really minimizes install user-error. Definitely helps with reducing glare and French fry smudges 🤪

Not-so-Pro-tip: do not install after the ac has been on or fans have been on at least for a few minutes, there’s a chance any dust on the dash or console could be airborne and make its way to the screen and get under the screen during install. If you have latex gloves available I always use them for any screen protector install to minimize oils and fingerprint transfer. Just some things I prefer, not mandatory at all.

Hope this helps!

• Helpful
Reactions: Soul Surfer
I use a spigen screen protector, the applicator

Not sure if I have the “matte” one from spigen, but I do have a screen protector from them. The application process is very easy with their template. It comes with everything you need for a smooth install. The template is a game changer and really minimizes install user-error. Definitely helps with reducing glare and French fry smudges 🤪

Not-so-Pro-tip: do not install after the ac has been on or fans have been on at least for a few minutes, there’s a chance any dust on the dash or console could be airborne and make its way to the screen and get under the screen during install. If you have latex gloves available I always use them for any screen protector install to minimize oils and fingerprint transfer. Just some things I prefer, not mandatory at all.

Hope this helps!
Wow! Terrific not-so-pro tips - especially the latex gloves. I never thought about that. I’m in a well ventilated underground garage but I will definitely roll down the windows and have no fan blowing during the install. I’ll be removing my glarey old one so the screen should be dust free and just need an alcohol swabbing with sticky paper finish.

Reactions: PauliePucks

I have one, have had it for about a year and a half now. It does a great job of hiding fingerprints and cutting down on glare. It does make the graphics look a little less “sharp” but to me it’s worth it. Easy install, great quality, and highly recommended.

Tim

Reactions: Soul Surfer
I got a matte protector from Abstract Ocean. It comes with an alignment frame that, while not as sophisticated as the Spigen one, works well.

Mine does a good job of reducing glare. I didn't notice much difference in screen sharpness compared to the bare screen. Any reduction in sharpness and/or brightness hasn't bothered me in the least.

I've had mine for almost 2 months now. no glare really. You do get some smudging/finger prints however not very noticeable unless the screen is off, but even then, very easy to clean/wipe with only a micro fiber towel.

I just installed it after reading all the great ideas and watching a ton of vids. Came out pretty well.

Things to remember:
  1. Don’t run the AC
  2. Wear latex gloves to reduce touching and transferring oils
  3. Thoroughly clean, then clean again.
  4. Have a lens blower to blow off any possible dust without using your mouth
  5. Scrape out the bubbles.
  6. Keep the template in case you ever need to replace the glass or know someone who needs it and can just buy the Spine refill without template.
Came out great.

Reactions: IWRBR