Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spigen OneTap Designed for Tesla MagSafe Car Mount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw the Spigen onetap magsafe car mount on Amazon this week and I bought one and returned the topfit case, I haven't been able to drive with it yet but here are my initial impressions:

• It is made of plastic not metal and it sticks to the back of your screen in the corner.
    • Seems to be good quality plastic
    • Edges where the mount touches the screen doesn't have any rubber or anything to soften the touch from the mount to the screen, I wonder with vibrations if the edges that touch the screen will scratch.
  • Arm screw lock is metal on metal so it is definitely quality there in that it isn't metal and plastic so I think this will have a good hold since it is metal and metal.
  • If you mount it on the left side of the screen and have your phone in portrait your steering wheel will be in the way of the phone if you don't angle the arm 45 degrees.
  • I don't think it is worth $40 honestly, I probably would pay $25 for it as it is plastic..
I'll post some updates after I get to drive with it..

Saw the Spigen onetap magsafe car mount on Amazon this week and I bought one and returned the topfit case, I haven't been able to drive with it yet but here are my initial impressions:

• It is made of plastic not metal and it sticks to the back of your screen in the corner.
    • Edges where the mount touches the screen doesn't have any rubber or anything to soften the touch from the mount to the screen, I wonder with vibrations if the edges that touch the screen will scratch.
  • Arm screw lock is metal on metal so it is definitely quality there in that it isn't metal and plastic so I think this will have a good hold since it is metal and metal.
  • If you mount it on the left side of the screen and have your phone in portrait your steering wheel will be in the way of the phone if you don't angle the arm 45 degrees.
  • I don't think it is worth $40 honestly, I probably would pay $25 for it as it is plastic..
I ordered the mount a couple of weeks ago when there was a 20% coupon available. Was pretty pleased with the magnet strength (I have a 13 Pro Max with the OEM silicone case). But on the 5th day, out of nowhere, the mount fell off while I was driving.

Amazon sent a replacement and it’s been holding up ok. But keeping a close eye on it.

I ordered the mount a couple of weeks ago when there was a 20% coupon available. Was pretty pleased with the magnet strength (I have a 13 Pro Max with the OEM silicone case). But on the 5th day, out of nowhere, the mount fell off while I was driving.

Amazon sent a replacement and it’s been holding up ok. But keeping a close eye on it.

Did the adhesive part fall off or the arm?

Did you clean the area with rubbing alcohol before installing?

Interesting, so you had to exchange it via Amazon? How is the new one holding up?

I still haven't had a chance to drive around longer yet, maybe this weekend and I will see how it is holding up.
New one is holding up ok. But still not 100% sure it can support the weight of my 13 Pro Max long term. We’ll see. On the plus side, there was no leftover residue from the adhesive.

I like the mount overall. Had the Topfit mount previously but couldn’t place my phone on the driver’s side because it sat too high. Isn’t an issue with the Spigen so I really like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: RyMY

Keep us updated and post pix! I been eying that or this: JOWUA Invisible Foldaway Car Mount for MagSafe Design for Tesla Model 3/ Model y Phone Holder Smooth Silicone Surface Support iPhone MageSafe Metal Arm https://www.amazon.com/dp/B097YBTHJ...abc_348QC11F6QX4FS05NGS5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Tested it out and it seems pretty stable my phone didn’t vibrate much, only downside is that while using Waze, the bottom part where the time left and miles left is blocked by my steering wheel but I’m still able to see the directions at the top.

How has this been holding up? Any issues since replaced?

Update: After about 1 year the adhesive has failed and keeps falling off. I didn't leave any residue though which is good but is unfortunate that the adhesive failed after 1 year and I can't find the replacement one that I had so I need to figure out what adhesive I can put on there to remount it..

This phone holder was actually pretty good other than the adhesive failing after a year...

Reactions: UoMDeacon
I use the Magbak and am extremely happy with it, minus the price.

Tried the Spigen and Jowua and hated both.

You can use my referral link for 15% off if you would like FRIEND-75FFJRR

I also route the cable to the rear AC vents and not the center console. More seamless.