Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spilled bottle of water on front seat, now Fasten Seatbelt warnings won't go away - Solution!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I accidentally spilled a bottle of water on my front passenger seat and didn't realize it until hours later.

I drove to work about 12 hours later and the Fasten Seatbelt warnings would not go away for the seat. So, i connected the seatbelt and car was happy again.

Another 12 hours later on my drive home after work still had the warnings.

So, when i got home, I got a tower fan and blew it underneath the seat for about 8 hours.

The next morning i drove to work and the Fasten Seatbelt warnings went away!

So happy i didn't damage any electronics in the seat!!!

Did you guys have a Front Passenger Safety Restraint System Fault error after this? This showed up after a bit over a cup of water spilt on the passenger seat and was left unnoticed for a few hours. I just left all the windows open and have a fan blowing under the seat in hopes that it goes away, but it now thinks someone's sitting in the seat and giving a Safety Restraint System Fault along with it saying it needs to be brought into service.

The same thing happened to me yesterday but in a model 3 (Same seats) and I found this thread about it. Water bottle spilled on it and the first thing I noticed was while driving I got the seatbelt nagging for the passenger side. I left the doors open overnight in the garage and this morning it’s not doing it anymore. I didn’t get any other faults.

Did you guys have a Front Passenger Safety Restraint System Fault error after this? This showed up after a bit over a cup of water spilt on the passenger seat and was left unnoticed for a few hours. I just left all the windows open and have a fan blowing under the seat in hopes that it goes away, but it now thinks someone's sitting in the seat and giving a Safety Restraint System Fault along with it saying it needs to be brought into service.
I just spilled water today and also have the same alert you got. Were you able to resolve it without taking it to a service center?