Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SPINOFF: Did you test drive a Tesla before buying yours?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was reading the thread about how Tesla may fail as a company by going online sales only and got to thinking about my personal situation.

I did go to the Tesla store and I did set up a test drive, but thinking back that was more for just the experience and not having the patience to to wait until I could drive my own car. I had already done the research and was already very excited to be buying a Tesla that doing the test drive really had no impact on my decision to buy one.

Makes me wonder if a test drive has ever turned someone AWAY from wanting a Tesla - as in, they wanted one but after test driving one they changed their mind and didn't move forward.

I had already driven friends cars before, but I did test drive before buying my car.

I have a buddy who took an S for the weekend, yet decided not to buy it. He has no home charging and felt the efficiency was not good in the winter.

I am buying a $650 sliding compound miter saw from a brick-and-mortar store because I can get my hands on a demo machine to be sure that I like the feel of the slides and the controls.

No way would I buy a car for many tens of thousands of dollars without first test driving to be sure of how it handles, the look and feel of its build quality, and the comfort of the seats.

Reactions: SDRick