Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Splash Guards

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, First post here so be gentle
Apologies if this has been discussed before.
I took delivery of my Model 3 in late September and in the boot (trunk) there is a packet containing what appears to be 2 splash guards. No instructions, no screws. I have looked around the internet but can’t seem to find anything about them, other than cold weather packages sent to owners in Canada, Sweden etc which seem to be different, or after market offerings from other manufacturers.
The wheels do seem to spray up a lot of mud etc in the recent wet weather so I would like to fit these, so I thought I would ask on here to see if anyone can advise on fitting them.
A quick look seems to indicate that they may fit over the mud flaps already installed? What screws should be used? Etc.
Any help or advice would be very gratefully received.

This is what was in the car...

Attachments

• A12C44F9-8BBC-4A12-ACE6-B5A5162395B9.jpeg
    A12C44F9-8BBC-4A12-ACE6-B5A5162395B9.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 108
The story about the Finnish tesla throwing up gravel and killing the side rockers stirred up lots of discussions and aftermarket solutions. All the ones I saw (offered on this forum) had issues one way or another. The OEM ones either collect dust, and the OEM extension which they gave away with the car tends to scrape, etc.

Basically, all the solutions suck.

I drive in Scandinavia with just the very short OEM ones that were fitted on my 2020 vehicle. No issues with gravel and salt kickups and such.

If you are concerned about it, perhaps just getting the rocker panel protected (film?) is a better solution.

I would suggest go for 3rd party ones as Tesla mudflaps pain to install and smaller than few other 3rd party ones.

I got this ones for myself last year:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WK5FKFJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

make sure you install PPF around these when you install, they rub the paint and you'll have a nice divot in your clearcoat if you ever decide to remove them.

I had the tesla flaps but returned them because they just accumulate junk and don't drain properly.

I went with mudflaps that don't contact the paint. I went with these

• Informative
Reactions: flyingowl