Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Splash guards?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla does not seem to offer OEM splash guards for the Model S.

Are there any good aftermarket splash guards available? (I couldn't find anything with a quick Google search.)

I have typically had the manufacturer's splash guards installed on my previous vehicles... helps to keep side panels clean (esp. from any particularly nasty stuff like road tar), suppress freeway mist, etc..

If anybody does have some installed on their Model S, could you post your experience and thoughts?

Splash guards are not and will not be offered as an option by Tesla. They are VERY detrimental to vehicle aerodynamics. Teslas are very sensitive to aerodynamic drag -- in a gas car you will just stop more often for gas. You don't have a fueling station on every corner in a Tesla (yet).

Reactions: Gt1948
Hmm... thanks for your opinion.

Has there been a statement from Tesla to back up what you claim? It all sounds like a bit of FUD to me.

While I have no doubt that splash guards have some effect on aerodynamics, I doubt it is as dire as you make it out to be.

From my experience, the effect seems rather negligible.

I have splash guards on my Ford Focus Electric and it doesn't seem have had a "detrimental" effect on range at all.

Hmm... thanks for your opinion.

Has there been a statement from Tesla to back up what you claim? It all sounds like a bit of FUD to me.

While I have no doubt that splash guards have some effect on aerodynamics, I doubt it is as dire as you make it out to be.

From my experience, the effect seems rather negligible.

I have splash guards on my Ford Focus Electric and it doesn't seem have had a "detrimental" effect on range at all.

Did you end up finding anything for your car? I completely agree with you that the guards would not add that much of a negative aerodynamic effect on the vehicle. I want something to put on the front wheels of my X since those tires kick up sand and salt on the roads and it hits the back of the falcon wing doors.

They don't seem to offer curb feelers either. What's up with that?!!

Google brought me here. Took me a while to put together why the bottom half of the doors the whole way back was always getting wrecked. Lack of splash guards. You can clay bar them, and a couple months later they're just as bad. Unlike curb feelers, Model S really really needs splash guards. Especially now with the painted rocker panel.

Looks like no one makes aerodynamic ones for Model S. :(