Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Splitvolt and NEMA 14-30 extension cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KYVolsfan

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2022
United States
I I have been using level one charging since I purchased an electric vehicle in June 2022. The reason for this is that my breaker box is on the opposite end of my home and downstairs. I’ve had estimates of up to $1500 to run a dedicated line to my garage.

I just came across the product Splitvolt, which allows you to split the circuit from your dryer to your electric vehicle. My question is, is it safe to use a heavy duty 10 gauge Nema 14–30 extension cable? The distance is about 20 feet. I’ve seen posts with Tesla users using a heavy duty cable, but I’m not sure of the distance.

I I have been using level one charging since I purchased an electric vehicle in June 2022. The reason for this is that my breaker box is on the opposite end of my home and downstairs. I’ve had estimates of up to $1500 to run a dedicated line to my garage.

I just came across the product Splitvolt, which allows you to split the circuit from your dryer to your electric vehicle. My question is, is it safe to use a heavy duty 10 gauge Nema 14–30 extension cable? The distance is about 20 feet. I’ve seen posts with Tesla users using a heavy duty cable, but I’m not sure of the distance.
Yes, that should work.