Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spoiled DOGS... How to keep them in the back... 5 seater...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
92DD2674-EF4B-4178-A557-017E6D6D53F1.jpeg
I just got my new MX. I am looking for some help/idea’s of what other owners have done to keep your fury kids in the back. My car is the five seat configuration i like the large flat space for my dogs. I just cant keep them from jumping in the front seats when I level them in the car.

Thanks in advance I am sure others have the same problem.

Tony

How about this adjustable solution? I'm using it upside-down to prevent cargo from sliding forward, but if used the correct way, it should prevent dogs from jumping across the gap.
gB8xlrj.jpg

I've used that in other vehicles, but the tension required means marks left on the headliner & base. I'm staying with the umbrella - the dogs will go thru a lot of things, but for some reason the umbrella works.

I've used that in other vehicles, but the tension required means marks left on the headliner & base. I'm staying with the umbrella - the dogs will go thru a lot of things, but for some reason the umbrella works.
I can attest that this option indeed leaves marks. It can last days after you remove it.

Also, even in it's most compressed configuration, it was too big. So I had to remove the vertical bars, cut it down a few inches and drill a new hole (for the adjustment screw) and put it all back together.

4E39E9E9-C51B-46BF-88FF-8518C040564C.jpeg
207FF6EB-39B8-4D61-AED6-19D6C454C638.jpeg
View attachment 274501 I just got my new MX. I am looking for some help/idea’s of what other owners have done to keep your fury kids in the back. My car is the five seat configuration i like the large flat space for my dogs. I just cant keep them from jumping in the front seats when I level them in the car.

Thanks in advance I am sure others have the same problem.

Tony
I just use cargo dog cover

We too have a dog that we keep in the back with the third row seats down. We bought the barrier that the user vandacca also has, but we modified it more. The vertical bars are too tall for the MX and we cut that down. After a few days of thinking about it, we came up with a way for our Ridgeback to enter and exit through the back door (jumping up and down from the tailgate won't be good for her joints in the long run).
We stumbled upon only having one vertical post so that the horizontal posts can "swivel" once the second row seat's is moved forward. We thought it was a great solution to our problem since we just needed to block the gap between the second row seats. The horizontal bars were also cut down significantly and rest against the back of the second row seats. By padding the top of the horizontal bar it has yet to leave a mark on the headliner.

IMG_4863.JPG
IMG_4867.JPG
IMG_4868.JPG
IMG_4870.JPG

We too have a dog that we keep in the back with the third row seats down. We bought the barrier that the user vandacca also has, but we modified it more. The vertical bars are too tall for the MX and we cut that down. After a few days of thinking about it, we came up with a way for our Ridgeback to enter and exit through the back door (jumping up and down from the tailgate won't be good for her joints in the long run).
We stumbled upon only having one vertical post so that the horizontal posts can "swivel" once the second row seat's is moved forward. We thought it was a great solution to our problem since we just needed to block the gap between the second row seats. The horizontal bars were also cut down significantly and rest against the back of the second row seats. By padding the top of the horizontal bar it has yet to leave a mark on the headliner.

View attachment 276056
View attachment 276057
View attachment 276058
View attachment 276059
I have a Berner and she loves to be in the car but the new X i am getting i like your set up can you provide more pictures, especially regarding how much you modified the pole and what padding you used to adhere. This would only be used for trips with dog. Normally not installed

While hardly anyone obeys it, the law where I am (and presumably in other areas as well) requires that pets be held in secured cages or with a special harness that plugs into a seat belt receptacle. This is not so much to protect the dog, but to prevent humans from being hurt or killed by a flying dog in the event of an accident. (probably would help the dog too, just like seat belts help human passengers).