Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SPOILER ALERT: My P3D came with its spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my P3D this morning from the Marina Del Rey delivery center and got a pleasant surprise. My car came with its carbon fiber spoiler. Oh, and the Performance badge was a nice perk as well. Elon is supposedly stopping by the delivery center later today. I like to think that he made this happen, lol. Thanks, Elon!

View attachment 364837 View attachment 364838

I must be in the minority, but I do not like an after market look of this spoiler. If it was built into the trunk and in the same color, I would consider it.

I bought a OEM pull a week ago and I removed it's old tape 100% and properly cleaned it up. Then purchased high grade 3M tape 1/2" and 1/4" and placed the 1/2" on the bottom ledge and the 1/4" on the top against the lip that the old tape line was ending prior to the flat top surface. Then properly cleaned the trunk and measured exactly the side lengths and while placing the spoiler against the car pulled the tape cover and the end result is a perfectly installed spoiler! I have one more brand new model OEM spoiler pull that I got from a very good client of mine which was on his wife car for a week and she didn't like it. I am going to clean it up perfectly and properly tape and sell that for him this week. If good quality tape is used, not going to the full edge like the original OEM spoilers tape did and the trunk is properly heated and the spoiler is secured after the install, the spoiler will fit and stay perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_3216.jpeg
    IMG_3216.jpeg
    400.1 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3219.jpg
    IMG_3219.jpg
    443.1 KB · Views: 88
Have those that are waiting reached out to their local service center? (Sorry if asking the obvious)

I'm due to have mine replaced via mobile service. Even though I had already logged the complaint that my spoiler was lifting, and was told they would contact me when the had more inventory, it took me reaching out to them (again) to get a new one "allocated" to me. Fingers crossed that it adheres better the second time around.

Have those that are waiting reached out to their local service center? (Sorry if asking the obvious)

I'm due to have mine replaced via mobile service. Even though I had already logged the complaint that my spoiler was lifting, and was told they would contact me when the had more inventory, it took me reaching out to them (again) to get a new one "allocated" to me. Fingers crossed that it adheres better the second time around.
I went in for a charge port door issue and asked if they had one in my appointment ticket.

Just got it installed today!

Picked up my P3D this morning from the Marina Del Rey delivery center and got a pleasant surprise. My car came with its carbon fiber spoiler. Oh, and the Performance badge was a nice perk as well. Elon is supposedly stopping by the delivery center later today. I like to think that he made this happen, lol. Thanks, Elon!

View attachment 364837 View attachment 364838

I picked up my P3D+ without the spoiler.

Back in September.....

Now I have it...…..

Thats a true "Spoiler Alert" to those who missed out on the driving experience for the last 8 months. LOL