TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Spoiler auto retracts when hatch opens.

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by indy360, Jun 27, 2016.

1. indy360

indy360 Member

Just noticed that yesterday after the recent update. Much better now.

2. timf

timf Member

I appreciate this new feature, but unfortunately the hatch stops opening about 2" sooner than it used to, which negates the whole benefit of closing the spoiler to get more clearance.

3. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

Give Tesla some time. I'm guessing that they're being ultra conservative right now. In a few months they may have more confidence with the sensors/software and reduce their safety buffer.

4. RossRAllen

RossRAllen Member

With the latest SW, my spoiler retracts when an overhead object (e.g., my garage door) is sensed, but stays up when opening all the way outside.

If I open the hatch with the touchscreen or hatch switch, it detects the overhead garage door, puts the spoiler down, and stops short. If I open the hatch with the fob, it slams into the garage door. Go figure that one out.

Anyway, it stops short about 4", which is sooner than before as @timf states.

• Informative x 1
  5. gjunky

gjunky Waiting for the Model ☰

I didn't think the hatch had sensors.

I wish they would save the Hatch opening settings by GPS location. I had to set it to not open very far to have it avoid my garage door (which is a nice feature) but now it only opens this far everywhere and you kind of have to wait for it to open to this point before you can push it open further.