Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spoiler not available on Tesla’s site?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Debating between LR and performance… if I got the LR, I would want to get the spoiler for a sportier look…..

But I noticed that a spoiler for model Y is not listed in Tesla’s site for sale.

Has this always been the case? I think you can purchase the model 3’s spoiler as an accessory for after purchase installation.

But after reading about spoilers becoming unstuck easily…. Maybe this is a blessing?

Debating between LR and performance… if I got the LR, I would want to get the spoiler for a sportier look…..

But I noticed that a spoiler for model Y is not listed in Tesla’s site for sale.

Has this always been the case? I think you can purchase the model 3’s spoiler as an accessory for after purchase installation.

But after reading about spoilers becoming unstuck easily…. Maybe this is a blessing?
I think they are 2 different cars, although they look similar and buying decision should reference that you are looking for in your next car. That's going to be tough part, haha.

The easy part is finding aftermarket spoilers. There are plenty available. Some that I've seen being recommended are:

I personally purchased the Topfit one but waiting to get my MY back before I can install it.

I think they are 2 different cars, although they look similar and buying decision should reference that you are looking for in your next car. That's going to be tough part, haha.

The easy part is finding aftermarket spoilers. There are plenty available. Some that I've seen being recommended are:

I personally purchased the Topfit one but waiting to get my MY back before I can install it.
Thanks! In your searching, have you found any “screw on” ones? That’s riskier for rust, leaks, but at least it’s more secure, esp with the horror stories of the oem ones peeling off.

I’m likely going to wrap in ppf so the adhesive should ideally be on the car, not the ppf.

Thanks! In your searching, have you found any “screw on” ones? That’s riskier for rust, leaks, but at least it’s more secure, esp with the horror stories of the oem ones peeling off.

I’m likely going to wrap in ppf so the adhesive should ideally be on the car, not the ppf.
Negative, all are utilizing the 3m tape, just like the stock Tesla spoiler.

OEM looks great but has poor adhesives. Not sure if this has been rectified yet but as of earlier this year, they would still fail every few months of exposure to sun/heat.
It is recommended to use car-specific adhesive and clean the rear of the car without debris before installation. In order to achieve better results, it is recommended to use a hair dryer or light to heat the double-sided adhesive. (It should not exceed 40 degrees). Please press for 20-30 seconds or longer when attaching and keep it dry for 48 hours to get the best tightening effect.

Reactions: Cyclone
OEM looks great but has poor adhesives. Not sure if this has been rectified yet but as of earlier this year, they would still fail every few months of exposure to sun/heat.
I can confirm the spoiler on my 2022 PMY is fitted perfectly and attached like it was screwed in place. And after adding the Performance Boost, CF spoiler, aluminum pedals and painting my calipers the $4K delta between the LR and P MY made more sense to just buy the PMY.