Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

spoiler over PPF?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else has experience with installing a rear spoiler over PPF? I just picked up my MY and planning on doing a full stealth wrap. I don't know should I install a spoiler before or after. My concern is if I install it before, it might come off like many people has experienced and it might be hard to get a new spoiler back on the same spot.

Anyone else has experience with installing a rear spoiler over PPF? I just picked up my MY and planning on doing a full stealth wrap. I don't know should I install a spoiler before or after. My concern is if I install it before, it might come off like many people has experienced and it might be hard to get a new spoiler back on the same spot.
This happens to people? I have mines overtopof XPEL stealth and has no problem, in fact I have a full lip kit overtop too, no problem either.

NO IT IS NOT SAFE.
you cna peal off PPF fairly easily With your fingers, it is a fI’ll. Think about it. Paint is cured onto the surface, you cannot peal your paint off with your fingers...
the purpose of a rear spoiler it to provide downforce.
great possibility that it will fly off at high speed and become a projectile.
if you are doing PPF you can either have them leave the mounting area alone OR mount the new spoiler then do your PPF around it.

huge liability if it hits something when it flies off

It's not ideal to mount spoilers or any exterior parts over top of ppf if it's being held by adhesive only. For one anyone could just walk up and take it off with little resistance and if you ever have to replace the film you have to remove the old then re-apply 3m tape all over. If the film is existing just take it to a ppf shop with your spoiler and they will be able to cut that area out so you can affix the spoiler to paint.