Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spoiler Removal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering pulling the trigger on a S P90D inventory car. However, the car is red and it has the black spoiler. I am not a big fan of the spoiler anyway, but certainly not on a car that is a different color than the spoiler. Does anyone know if the spoiler can be removed without damaging or leaving holes in the car trunk?

It's applied with double faced tape. Plenty of owners have removed theirs, and while I'm not one of them, I'm guessing a hair dryer and nylon tool is involved. I know I've seen a few spoilers that were cracked (presumably during removal), so go slow and you should be fine. No holes underneath. Let me know if you do it, and I might be interested in buying the spoiler. Good luck!

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
It's applied with double faced tape. Plenty of owners have removed theirs, and while I'm not one of them, I'm guessing a hair dryer and nylon tool is involved. I know I've seen a few spoilers that were cracked (presumably during removal), so go slow and you should be fine. No holes underneath. Let me know if you do it, and I might be interested in buying the spoiler. Good luck!

Thanks

Yes - careful. I had my spoiler replaced because it developed an air bubble on the finish. After the tech was finished with the replacement, there was a series of long scratches on the trunk. Take it slowly and put a protective film between the nylon tool and the trunk. My car will have to get those scratches buffed out in the near future.

Another thread in this forum referenced a can of solvent that the service center uses to remove the badging, so perhaps that would help. Sorry, I didn't secure in my brain exactly what the solvent was. Also, people have mentioned using dental floss to removed the badging, thought I don't know if that would help for something as large as the spoiler.

Here it is:
Facelift MS with front license plate holder removed & rear debadged

I am considering pulling the trigger on a S P90D inventory car. However, the car is red and it has the black spoiler. I am not a big fan of the spoiler anyway, but certainly not on a car that is a different color than the spoiler. Does anyone know if the spoiler can be removed without damaging or leaving holes in the car trunk?

Here is how you remove it.