Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought a used Model S and the last owner did a terrible job installing an aftermarket carbon fiber spoiler. The adhesive is coming up on both ends and it needs to be removed and reattached.

I'm looking for recommendations for someone who can do this type of work in the Phoenix area. Thanks!

Just bought a used Model S and the last owner did a terrible job installing an aftermarket carbon fiber spoiler. The adhesive is coming up on both ends and it needs to be removed and reattached.

I'm looking for recommendations for someone who can do this type of work in the Phoenix area. Thanks!

If you're willing, it's not too hard to fix this yourself. Just use something like dental floss or string to remove the spoiler, then completely remove the existing adhesive from the car and the spoiler. Next, buy some 3M VHB double sided tape and reapply it, making sure to center it properly.

You can use fishing line too. I would recommend you tie each end to a small dowel so you can get a good grip. When you are moving the string back and forth, pull it upwards not downwards as the soft paint may scratch. As you pull upwards and the tape loosens, have someone slightly pull up on the spoiler. Get the glue off with glue goon, clean, polish and reattach.

• Informative
Reactions: benjiejr
+1 with the above suggestions. At one point I bought an OEM spoiler that had previously been installed. I bought the 3M tape and did it myself after doing a meticulous cleaning of the old tape with goo gone a razor, soap and water.
It hasn't budged since. It's been 3 yrs. on that car. (I sold it to a friend)