Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spokane Tire shop advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

VandalSibs

I am One with the Force, and the Force is with me
Oct 28, 2019
Spokane, WA
Looking for a tire shop in the Spokane area to put on some winter tires. I'm not getting new wheels, just need the new rubber on the OEM wheels.

And unless a shop can get me a good deal, I'm buying my own tires, looking at something in the $150 per tire range...

Thanks for any advice!

Thanks for the tip! Alas, Micheline are out of my budget, now.... Having bought the car and all.

I did some calling around and the Discount Tire in the Valley & Perfection Tire on 2nd Ave in Spokane also have experience with Model 3s - and one of those is just a few blocks from where my wife works.

Now to price things out and get me some tires!

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Looking for a tire shop in the Spokane area to put on some winter tires. I'm not getting new wheels, just need the new rubber on the OEM wheels.

And unless a shop can get me a good deal, I'm buying my own tires, looking at something in the $150 per tire range...

Thanks for any advice!

I hate to say it, but I think you're going to be really hard pressed to find any decent winter tire in that price range. 18 inch tires tend to be pretty expensive compared to 16s or something. I suspect you'll be more in the range of $170 or so before tax for a good brand name winter tire....

I hate to say it, but I think you're going to be really hard pressed to find any decent winter tire in that price range. 18 inch tires tend to be pretty expensive compared to 16s or something. I suspect you'll be more in the range of $170 or so before tax for a good brand name winter tire....

I just ordered General Altimax Arctic 12s (studdable, but no studs will be installed) off of amazon for about $160 a piece. Going to have Perfection Tire install them for me - i called and made sure that they have model 3 experience, and they do. Plus, they're just down the road from my wife's office.

I'll report back on how things go!

I just ordered General Altimax Arctic 12s (studdable, but no studs will be installed) off of amazon for about $160 a piece. Going to have Perfection Tire install them for me - i called and made sure that they have model 3 experience, and they do. Plus, they're just down the road from my wife's office.

I'll report back on how things go!

Can you cancel that? TireRack has Continental VikingContact 7 for $175/tire (before tax) and a $70 rebate which brings it to $157.5/tire. I think the Continentals would be a lot better then General. If you can stretch the budget just a little, Michelin xIce from TireRack are $189/tire after rebate (before tax), and are some of the best winter tires out there.

• Helpful
Reactions: VandalSibs
Can you cancel that? TireRack has Continental VikingContact 7 for $175/tire (before tax) and a $70 rebate which brings it to $157.5/tire. I think the Continentals would be a lot better then General. If you can stretch the budget just a little, Michelin xIce from TireRack are $189/tire after rebate (before tax), and are some of the best winter tires out there.

Alas, I'm pretty much at the max of my budget including install costs.... only have about $825 saved for tires and install, and the quote that I got from the store gets me right around there.

The General's have many good reviews from much worse climates than mine on tirerack.com customer reviews. I also drive like a paranoid freak in the winters.

I do appreciate your advice and willing-ness to find other solutions, however - thanks!