Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spokane, WA - Who do you use/trust for installing your tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I just got my new Tesla Model 3 a couple of weeks ago. I am already thinking forward to winter later this year and wondering who other Tesla owner's in the Spokane area use for tire related services?

Also, what are other Model 3 owners considering for their Winter Tire selection? I am considering simply purchasing the 18" Aero Wheel and Winter Tire Package direct from Tesla.

Thanks

Hello all,

I just got my new Tesla Model 3 a couple of weeks ago. I am already thinking forward to winter later this year and wondering who other Tesla owner's in the Spokane area use for tire related services?

Also, what are other Model 3 owners considering for their Winter Tire selection? I am considering simply purchasing the 18" Aero Wheel and Winter Tire Package direct from Tesla.

Welcome Regenshire.
Three years ago I purchased Michelin Ice X snows from Tire Rack along with the Lugano rims for nearly $1000 less than the direct from Tesla option. They have worked really well in the 3 seasons I've had them. No problems on ice or snow (I had a daily commute in the winter between Coeur d'Alene and Spokane). I put them on the car myself using a hydraulic jack on the jack points which are shown in the owner's manual.

If you don't want to mount them yourself or you want to buy tires locally the Costco here in CdA sold me replacement summer tires and mounted them without complaint (Some tire shops are scared of our cars). If you show your tire shop where to jack it they can do it safely.

John

Welcome Regenshire.
Three years ago I purchased Michelin Ice X snows from Tire Rack along with the Lugano rims for nearly $1000 less than the direct from Tesla option. They have worked really well in the 3 seasons I've had them. No problems on ice or snow (I had a daily commute in the winter between Coeur d'Alene and Spokane). I put them on the car myself using a hydraulic jack on the jack points which are shown in the owner's manual.

If you don't want to mount them yourself or you want to buy tires locally the Costco here in CdA sold me replacement summer tires and mounted them without complaint (Some tire shops are scared of our cars). If you show your tire shop where to jack it they can do it safely.

John

Hi John, thanks for the welcome and the information. I am strongly considering picking up a couple good hydraulic jack and mounting them myself. I will look into using Tire Rack as an option. Tesla is charging $2000 for a complete set of 18" Aero wheels, with Pirelli Winter Sottozero Serie II tires, and tpms sensors, and the Aero wheel caps.

Josh

Welcome to the group!! I have only gotten tires in spokane one time so far, but I went to the Discount Tire on North Division, and they were fantastic. They seemed to understand my irrational love of my car and treat us (me and the Tesla) accordingly. I think any trusted tire place will do fine, as long as they understand where the jacking points are. Good luck and welcome again!!!

I’m planning on Nokian Hakkapeliitta or Michelin X-Ice for my Model 3. I’ll probably end up at Discount Tire here in Hayden because they’ve always treated me well. I’ll have them mounted on the 18s that came with the car and look for some decent summer wheels in spring.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I have used Discount Tires on North Division in the past for my other cars, and they have did a decent job. As a life long resident of Spokane, this will actually be my first time purchasing snow tires, I have always just used all season tires on my front wheel drive cars.

But I want my Model 3 to perform well in all conditions, plus I moved on to the Five Mile Prairie a few years ago and have to deal with getting up a hill, I figure I should invest in good snow tires from here on out.

Has anyone found any non-oem 18" wheels they like for the Model 3?