Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spoke with Tesla Energy RE AC Powerall 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reserved two of the 2nd edition powerwalls and had yet to hear anything from Tesla. So I figured I'd give them a call today just to touch base.

Apparently the reason I haven't heard anything is because they've been focusing on the DC powerwalls to date and aren't expecting the AC version to start shipping until the end of this month (March). They said I could expect installation in April or May.

Basically it seems they're focusing on solar customers with existing inverters first. Our energy here is fairly cheap. So a massive solar system with energy storage doesn't make a whole lot of sense (especially considering our utility does not offer net metering but actually CHARGES monthly to have a solar array grid-tied). So while we may add a small array to help with peak periods later on, we primarily want the powerwalls for backup and time-shifting. Apparently this isn't glamorous enough for Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: Falkirk and Tam
Forgot to mention that they acted like the reservations didn't really mean much. Apparently it's more a matter of when they get to your area than your reservation number. The only number they wanted from me to tell me the ship/install months was my zip code.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam