TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Spontaneous Door Handle Opening - Deja vu all over again

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by efusco, Oct 1, 2017.

1. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I think it's been 3 or 4 years since I last had this fixed, but over the past couple months I've gotten into my car to find the front passenger door has spontaneously popped open (not wide open, just cracked, but a push from the inside would have made it wide open as it was completely unlatched.

I've only caught it happen once, just today, and it occurred when I put the car into park when I got home. Previous repairs involved replacement of the entire door handle assembly and was blamed on a microsensor issue or something like that. Now I'm out of warranty and dreading the cost to replace. Will drop this thread here and will update with progress.

Anyone had to pay to fix this yet?

2. JPP

JPP Active Member

More recently the service centers have been able to adjust the microswitch. Last time I had this done it took like 15 minutes (remove door card, deinstall handle, adjust on workbench, and reinstall). Call your local SC and discuss...

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

I have a service appt. in a week. Hopefully it is the lesser expensive option.