TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Spontaneous Rear Facing Seats Usage

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Yinn, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Yinn

Yinn Member

We were asked for help yesterday and drive our friends kids home. We weren't originally planning too, but got our first use out of the RFS. However, we quickly found a negative to it.

We have a rear shelf/cover in the hatch, cover to the foot well, as well as an all weather mat in the back. This quickly became a Tetris game of where we could shove everything. Luckily our 2nd row is full of car seats so we were able to slide them right into the row.

Are there any better options? We have the facelift, so frunk is definitely not an option.
    I'm considering cutting the foot well cover into multiple pieces so that they can fold into the side cubbies.

2. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Could just leave the cover at home all the time. It doesn't really do anything. Last time I took ours out to use the seats it stayed out for a few months. We have the big frunk though, so it fits nicely in there if we need it too.

3. Max*

Max* Banned

Put it in the front seat.

4. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

Once upon a time, pre-D, all of those things fit in the frunk.

Now days, I'd recommend leaving the rear foot well cover at home. With the RFS folded down do you really need it?

The parcel shelf is a different story. Not sure about that one.