TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

[spoof] Could this be the Model X reveal event?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by FlasherZ, Aug 25, 2015.

1. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I saw this on Facebook and I'm wondering if this might be the next Model X reveal?! Seems unlikely, but just maybe!

Tim McKittnick Family Picnic
    September 30, 2015, 1 pm - 7 pm
    10896 Route 77W
    Tellisville, AR

Come and join us for some family fun, including three-legged racing, country line dancing, and a great time! Bring your own drinks and side dish, BBQ will be provided! J.B. will have his new Tesla there for people to do test rides!

2. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

nailed it

3. zdre

zdre 40kWh Model S P6415

Where can I RSVP?

4. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

God, I hope not! To do the reveal at a BBQ?? Can you imagine how the crazy vegan army will react to that?! /s

5. mzpolo

mzpolo Member

What kinda a cheap company would have you BYOB. That's it, I am done with Tesla! J.B. or whatever Elon calls himself these days wants to bring he might as well bring another pony for the pony rides.

6. FlasherZ

Bring your pony. It seems that it might be needed.

7. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Member

This is ridiculous. I'm an owner and a stockholder and I only live 637 miles away.. yet, I didn't get an invite.

8. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

By taking our own meal, but thanks for the label :)

9. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

By "crazy vegan army" I meant the people who hijacked the last annual shareholder meeting and - in my opinion - went completely overboard with that story.

10. bonnie

ftw.

11. EchoDelta

EchoDelta Member

Totally spaced ... Well more than an army it was two persons with good intention and bad execution. I guess they'll bring their own pressed bean patties too?

Given tail-gating doesnt quite apply ,What is the correct term to be sitting on a folding chair under the wings of the X?
    Falcon-winging?

12. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

While they did come off a bit crazy, I thought they had a good point. I'm not sure how vegan leather holds up to regular leather, but if it was similar, I would definitely go this route. However, I do wish that there were a few more choices for leather colour. Maybe that explains part of the Model-X delay, sourcing vegan leather. ;-)

13. FlasherZ

I was considering another spin-off spoof thread with title "RUMOR: Does Model X include specially-sourced vegan leather?", a 2-page dissertation of speculative analysis, and then allow others to let 'em fly... but I don't have the time. Perhaps something for someone else. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Good question. I don't know that it rolls off the tongue, but perhaps we can talk about "sitting in the wingshade" created by the car?

14. mzpolo

mzpolo Member

No, I will admit I am not smart enough to write the 2-page dissertation of speculative analysis. BUT. I have seen that Tesla is in direct contact with a few companies, sourcing material. I have to admit.... I am the one who started the mess about the seats being not ready and delaying launch. Here is what Telsa is now looking to obtain

• Vegetan: This is a microfibre material that is specifically designed and used as an animal-friendly leather substitute.
    • Lorica: This material is made out of several different microfibers. Sidi, an Italian motorcycle company uses it a lot.
    • Birko-Flor: This is what eco-icon Birkenstock uses. It’s made out of acrylic and polyamide felt fibres. There are two kinds — the kind you find on normal Birks and a kind that looks like pleather.
    • Birkibuc: Another Birkenstock baby. It’s made out of the same stuff, but looks and feels like nubuck leather.
    • PVC: Finally, a term you should be familiar with! Good for animals. Not so good for environment.
    • Kydex: This is an acrylic-PVC alloy. It’s produce by Kleerdex, a manufacturing company

Oh.... please don't look up the fact that PETA headquarters are close to my house (about 20 miles). I am one of the few paid personnel here at PETA.

15. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

That sounds dreadfully long.

16. GVTesla

GVTesla Member

Sorry to hear dude. Since I can't make it to the BBQ as I'm 5400miles away, I asked JB to bring his new Tesla over to my place but somehow haven't heard back yet.

17. bonnie

Sorry. My fault. I kind of have been driving it around over here and avoiding him - it would mean I'd have to give it back.

18. mrdoubleb

mrdoubleb Active Member

That was a great joke, Bonnie... or was it? You've gotta be careful or we'll have a thread about you like the "website going down" one. Stop the press! Stop the press! Bonnie has been seen driving around in JB's Model X!

19. FlasherZ

Wait... you thought it was J.B. Straubel?

No, we're talking about J.B. ("John Boy") McKittnick!