Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sporadic Notification Behaviour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
K

khew1988

Hi All,

I have seen a few posts about this in the US/Global forums but wanted to get an idea of how much of a problem it is in the UK.

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max and when I first got my M3LR all the notifications worked absolutely fine. After having the car for about a week I found i was waking up to no charge notifications and the widget was showing legacy data as if the car had not charged. Upon opening the app it would should the car had reached the desired SOC (80%) and then the widget would update. It may also be wort mentioning that the app takes a fair old while to connect to the car

I have tried:

- Logging out of app and back in
- Deleting and reinstalling app
- Removing app from all other drivers phones
- Ensured all notification settings are on in the app settings menu
- Ensured all notification settings are on in the phones menu
- Toggling the Bluetooth to off and waiting for the "Phone Key needs Bluetooth" notification to come through, and then re-enabling it.
- Bade sure Background App Refresh is on
- 2 button reset on car
- Power Off car, wait 2 mins, power on car.

What is even more bizarre is that the if i set climate from the app, once the cabin reaches temperature it "silently" notifies me of the cabin reaching temperature.

Anything i haven't tried that i can? I thought about WiFi but the car shows 4/5 bars of signal when car is on the drive. Also, if i leave the app open then the notifications come through fine, so i cant help but think its something to do with the car being asleep during charge.

My main concern is that if i use a SuC and it doesnt notify me its ready then i could be sitting having a coffee and end up being stung with a load of idle fees.

Cheers
K

Have you got iOS notifications for the Tesla app being time sensitive? Otherwise they will be grouped and lost in amongst non time sensitive activitiies that are reported at various times of the day.

However, notifications can be a bit hit and miss sometimes, especially if the car recently had a service appt and it doesn't get closed down properly/late. Software install complete notifications seem to be a bit absent at present too.

Have you got iOS notifications for the Tesla app being time sensitive? Otherwise they will be grouped and lost in amongst non time sensitive activitiies that are reported at various times of the day.

However, notifications can be a bit hit and miss sometimes, especially if the car recently had a service appt and it doesn't get closed down properly/late. Software install complete notifications seem to be a bit absent at present too.
I have "Sleep" enabled on my iPhone but normally in the morning the notifications are there listed under "whilst you were asleep" and grouped. They worked fine like this for the first week or so.

You raise a good point though, I do have an open Service Request so that could be screwing with the notifications (and widget).... though a bit of an oversight if that's the case. I shouldn't have to choose between "tell me about my charging" and "Get my car fixed" 🤷‍♂️