Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sports aluminum pedals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bouncing back-n-forth between RPM's and Topfit. Reviews for Topfit in Amazon points out the rubber smell doesn't go away. The one from RPM indicates "the rubber base is odorless." Any feedback you've found on the Topfit related to the rubber smell?

RPM's: Model 3 Performance Pedals - ($29 with 20% Off)

I installed the Topfit pedals 3 weeks ago. It took about a week for the rubber smell to mostly go away. At 2 weeks there was a hint of smell if the car was parked in the sun. At 3 weeks I don't notice it anymore.

All three cars, S3X, take the same pedals. The different pricing for the Model 3 pedals is a scam, as is the slightly different photo. Numerous people have verified that the pedals are identical to the S and X.

As I understand it, the S/X brake pedal is slightly (~0.5”) wider than the 3. The Model 3-specific pedal set has a slightly smaller brake pedal. That being said, the S/X pedals will fit fine in the 3. The accelerator pedals are the same fit across S/3/X.

As I understand it, the S/X brake pedal is slightly (~0.5”) wider than the 3. The Model 3-specific pedal set has a slightly smaller brake pedal. That being said, the S/X pedals will fit fine in the 3. The accelerator pedals are the same fit across S/3/X.

I have the S pedals on my 3, and yes, they are not the same size. The pedal is the same height so you can slide on and stays on tight but there is extra room on the two sides.

Once they stop jacking up the price for the 3 pedals, I will probably replace.

I've had the topfit ones sitting on a shelf waiting for my car for a couple weeks. They still have a little rubber smell to them.

I have to say the quality of them is middling. I'm sure they'll look fine once they are in the footwell, but upon close inspection they are barely worth the $30.

How is your order coming along with RPM Tesla? I have read mixed reviews of their products and service.

No issues at all with them and they have been very friendly and helpful on all aspects of my questions and purchases. I can tell you the ones from RPM do not smell at all and they look very high quality. BUT I have never seen or smelled the bay ones.

Reactions: SeasonedTech
I bought the Topfit Model S/X on Amazon from Teslahome.

1- I wasn't going to buy the Model 3 one at almost double the price vs the Model S/X
2- Both the accelerator and brake pedal fit super well and I did not need to resort tothe "heat" method
3- Maybe I was lucky : zero smell (I was advised to buy from Teslahome or Teslafans)
4- Brake Pedal : yes slightly larger then stock - barely noticeable. I am normally an OCD person regarding issue like that

I flirted with the idea of buying Tesla original pedals... but man 200$?...

I will do like TT97 and wait for price parity.