Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify - Album Selection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderation comment - thread renamed from "Spotify" to be more descriptive for those searching or browsing

Hi all

Quick one here, maybe I’m being soft and missed something

Say there’s a track playing in Spotify, album thumbnail shows up in the left hand corner

What if I want to look at that album and play more songs from it? I’ve tried pressing the thumbnail (Apple Music does similar) and nothing happens. Only way I’ve found, is to take the name of said album and then voice command it.

Anyone found anything quicker?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: adsheff
Moderation comment - thread renamed from "Spotify" to be more descriptive for those searching or browsing

Hi all

Quick one here, maybe I’m being soft and missed something

Say there’s a track playing in Spotify, album thumbnail shows up in the left hand corner

What if I want to look at that album and play more songs from it? I’ve tried pressing the thumbnail (Apple Music does similar) and nothing happens. Only way I’ve found, is to take the name of said album and then voice command it.

Anyone found anything quicker?
Nope annoyingly voice command or manually search for it is the only way at present.

Alternatively you can hit the favourite icon to save it to your liked playlist but that just saves the song so you can find it later.

One thing about Spotify that really hacks me off is the way the "Back" button doesn't go back (it seems to go to the home screen).

Here is an example. say I want to find music by Pink Floyd. I do a search, then (in the results window) select albums. I see a list of albums. I select one and start playing a track. Don't like it, want to go back to the album list and try another one. Tab "Back" and it just goes to the home screen and I have to search all over again.

Spotify home screen - why is it continuously featuring artists that appeal to Gen Z / Millenials? I'm not interested in Arianna Grande or crap like that. Getting sick of it and i can't turn "Featured Artists" off? Same with all that curated junk, it's a waste of screen space. And what's with all this "Radio" list crt@p? It seems so keen to go into one of those lists, that don't even have the artist they are named after exclusively - so in my "Jethro Tull Radio" I have all sorts of tracks from other artists, and only 4 or 5 from Tull?

I don't get it. Can anyone explain the reasoning behind this behaviour? I mean, it's not random - someone designed and prograsmmed this UI to be the way it is - was he / she on drugs?