Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify and Hulu included in 2019.32.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So apparently, yes and no.

Introducing Software Version 10.0

So... On one side, we'll have Spotify, but only on Wifi... I guess we could leave the car connected to the phone... Not the best user experience, as Spotify is the one thing you want when driving (compared to theater). I'm curious to see how it will actually work... I guess it could be worst? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: Actually, if the car doesn't cache music, it might consume a lot of data using wifi from the phone, compared to Spotify on my phone, which cache music & have my favorite music saved on my phone...
Damn I hate that it’s wifi only. I would rather pay Tesla to use the cars LTE.

EDIT: Wifi restriction only applies to SR/SR+ models. Premium will get LTE.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Nels
Playlist over bluetooth might be enough for me. If Spotify supports it. It didn't in my old Prius C, only Apple Music...
Just saw that P3D/LR will be able to use LTE so I’m happy about that. Don’t like eating up my own cellular data.

Playlist over bluetooth would be a welcome addition. I still dream of getting Carplay someday though. I have it in my Bolt and its the feature I miss the most in my Tesla. I’m able to use any music and video app.

Has anyone ran into this today while playing my USB music the fwd or next button will not move the music to the next song it just restarts the same song both screen button and steering wheel button no help. Yet the radio does switch to the next station. Any advise will be grateful.

maxresdefault.jpg

The cars that have received 2019.32.10.1 all updated from 2019.32.2.12 which is a known Early Access version, so it’s likely that 2019.32.10.1 is not a public version.
Yet, I can confirm that 2019.32.10.1 is NOT designated as a beta version as were the other Early Access versions. So this IS a public version.

"Spotify", "Netflix, YouTube, and Hulu": gross. It's getting more icky by the minute.

Announcement at Introducing Software Version 10.0.
Current TeslaFi: Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 7.33.12 PM.png

Check out the release note text right above the Spotify info:

You can also send videos to play in the Tesla Theater from your mobile phone from supported theater sources. Simply “Share” the video link with the Tesla mobile app while your car is in PARK.
How does that work? Can someone give an example? Preferably something other than Hulu, YouTube, or ObamaFlix? I'm thinking: I'm sitting in my car, and I want to stream something from one of the private video servers I get most my videos from (normally about more advanced topics than can be found on the Silicon Valley sites).

Last edited: