Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify and Hulu included in 2019.32.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about playing MP4's?
Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but audio and video now work in the browser while parked (it will pause if you switch to Drive). Other video sites do work but not all.

Working:
MoviesAnywhere.com
Vudu.com
PSVue.com/Watch for Live TV

Not working:
HBONow.com
Amazon Prime Video web

Watching via the browser limits fullscreen within the browser only, but there is an alternative to watch these fullscreen by opening those links from within youtube, which will take you to those sites at fullscreen. I basically added those links into an empty discussion thread on my personal youtube page.

If you have Apple Music can you try Apple Music in the browser and see if it continues to play once you go into drive?

If I have a single Spotify account (not family) and it is in use in the car, would I still be able to use it somewhere else (phone or PC)? Like if I was at work and my wife was driving the car? If not, it would be even more important for it to support easy account changing.

If I have a single Spotify account (not family) and it is in use in the car, would I still be able to use it somewhere else (phone or PC)? Like if I was at work and my wife was driving the car? If not, it would be even more important for it to support easy account changing.

The family accounts work as a collection of linked premium accounts, AFAICT. So there is nothing different about "family" accounts -- it is still one account per user, one stream per user.

I didn't even think of that issue, and I agree that it will be even more important to support account switching.

The family accounts work as a collection of linked premium accounts, AFAICT. So there is nothing different about "family" accounts -- it is still one account per user, one stream per user.

I didn't even think of that issue, and I agree that it will be even more important to support account switching.
The only reason I specified that it wasn't a family account was to be clear that it wouldn't be one user account logged in to the car and another user account logged in elsewhere. So for this to be usable the person driving would need to log in to their account to make sure they don't rob someone else of their music.

Another option, if you aren't using all of the allowed users in a family account, would be to create a Tesla user, and put playlists for everyone on it. That way that user would only be used while driving. You would have to replicate your playlists, and the smart playlist features would probably be less effective, but it would be a possible workaround.

• Informative
Reactions: DopeGhoti
The only reason I specified that it wasn't a family account was to be clear that it wouldn't be one user account logged in to the car and another user account logged in elsewhere. So for this to be usable the person driving would need to log in to their account to make sure they don't rob someone else of their music.

Another option, if you aren't using all of the allowed users in a family account, would be to create a Tesla user, and put playlists for everyone on it. That way that user would only be used while driving. You would have to replicate your playlists, and the smart playlist features would probably be less effective, but it would be a possible workaround.
I’ve thought about creating another account just for the vehicle but my family plan is all full. I would need to start a new family plan or wait till someone drops out.

Perhaps we could do a “group buy” and get 6 people on here to share a ‘Tesla’ Family plan?

Based on the description for how the sharing would work ("share the video *link*"), I think this is only going to work with whatever apps end up shipping with the Theater feature. So you'd be able to pull up a Netflix video on your phone and share the link to it with your car and it would start playing in the car. But it's not going to be something like AirPlay where you can share almost any video or mirror your screen.

The guy who posted these screenshots claims he is not in the early access program.
I just got 2019.32.10.1 !!! I don't see advanced summon button on the remote.?? Thought it would be in V10 at release. Im not "early access" but have it set to update priority.