Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify and other improvements with 2020.44.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

No42

Jun 25, 2018
WA
20201103_000429.jpg
20201103_000411.jpg
20201103_000334.jpg

Interested to see how the media search stuff works with the updates....in the past (not sure if this is still the case), when you had Spotify enabled (i.e. logged on), and you did a search, you would ONLY get music info from Spotify and not Slacker. I hate how Spotify does "radio", so wanted to be able to search for a band or song and be able to create radio stations in both, but couldn't. Hope this is fixed, or will be fixed with this update.

Reactions: Paul-K
The TACC/EAP set current speed fix is huge for me. That's a bug I've been reporting for 2 1/2 years. Finally they fixed it - better late than never!
Yes it’s been bugging me the entire time I’ve had the car, which is to say 3 months. But honestly why did it take so long? I get it Tesla likes to be different and contrarian but cruise control has been around a long time and everyone is used to having it activate at your current speed.

Reactions: Tres_Azul
Tesla was paying a small amount per song to Slacker for on demand music.. If folks use their Spotify subscription, the fee is paid (monthly fee in this case) by the subscriber... There is an incentive for Tesla to make Spotify more appealing

It up to the vendors to develop the apps for the different app stores. You make an app store, they will come.

Not always. Microsoft made an app store, and they couldn't even pay the major app developers to make apps for the Windows Mobile platform. (In some cases Microsoft offered to develop the app and turn it over to them and they refused because they didn't want another platform to support.)

Not always. Microsoft made an app store, and they couldn't even pay the major app developers to make apps for the Windows Mobile platform. (In some cases Microsoft offered to develop the app and turn it over to them and they refused because they didn't want another platform to support.)

The Microsoft app store has a lot of apps. If you are talking about the mobile phones, they just didn't sell any phones. No one is going to make apps for a phone that doesn't sell. There are way more Teslas out there now than Windows phone were.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
The Microsoft app store has a lot of apps. If you are talking about the mobile phones, they just didn't sell any phones. No one is going to make apps for a phone that doesn't sell.

There were plenty of users. In fact I'm still using my Windows 10 Mobile phone.

No one is going to make apps for a phone that doesn't sell. There are way more Teslas out there now than Windows phone were.

Really? Tesla has sold more than 100 million cars? o_O They sold more devices in one quarter than there are Teslas total at this point:

As Microsoft reveals the sales of Lumia devices this past quarter to be an alright 8.4 million, another more interesting piece of news flew under the radar. Taking today’s numbers into account, Microsoft has now sold over 100 million Windows Phone devices since the launch of Windows Phone 7 in 2010.

At one point they even had ~10% of the smartphone market in Europe. But they couldn't get app developers to port their apps so people ended up leaving the platform to iOS or Android. The problem was the app developers weren't interested in supporting a third platform, and without the app developers getting on-board the platform failed.

The wording is a little fuzzy, but I think I'm pretty happy about the speed limit changes! I've wanted my offset to be a percent rather than a fixed number for a long time. And I've really, really wanted TACC to automatically adjust the set speed when the speed limit of the road changes. Sweet.

I have been hoping for a simple change to be made to show total time and time remaining for content streamed off my phone like podcasts. Basically what the car already does for content streamed from other sources.