TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Spotify/Apple Music over Bluetooth with standard audio?

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by krazineurons, Jun 28, 2016.

1. krazineurons

krazineurons krazineurons

I test drove a MX with UHFS and streamed music over Bluetooth via Spotify on my iPhone.The audio quality was pretty good however I am wondering if it would sound as great without the UHFS. They showroom doesnt have any demo models without the UHFS, so hoping someone on the forum has had a chance to experience both.

I understand that with audio the opinions are subjective but am hoping if someone can share the technical details on why there might be a difference. If it really is a Garbage in Garbage out audio system then the 9 speakers out to play pretty well from the Spotify premium songs over lossy Bluetooth.

2. ModelZ

ModelZ Member

As you put it, it is basically a "garbage in, garbage out" type system.

Think of it like this...The "standard" audio system is like a trash bag. The UHFS is like a trash bag with Febreeze.

The trash is only as stinky as what you put in it. The UHFS just makes it smell more pretty.

Savvy?

(Sorry...I didn't sleep very well last night...)

3. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

That's a pretty harsh perspective, maybe you need a nap first. I have been very pleased with the UHFS, they sound staging is delectable, higher quality input like FLACC or high bitrate MP3 files make a huge difference. Although changing settings for Slacker to Best quality helps too.

4. ModelZ

ModelZ Member

I was only playing off his analogy involving garbage...

I think the UHFS sounds a bit muddled compared to the standard audio. It took me longer than it should have to get it sounding how I like it compared to the standard.

Also, as stated before, don't use the Dolby Surround feature. Ugh...

5. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

I have Dolby off bass up to +5 mid up +1 treb up +4. With these settings FLACC and some higher bitrate slaker tracks sounds great to me. So far, Bluetooth audio is lagging a lot.

• Like x 1