Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify - Buggy/Not Loading?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wife has a '21 MSLR and is complaining again that Spotify for her in the car is buggy. Meaning oftentimes she will get in the car and it won't resume so she'll have to either pick a new song, or get out of Spotify (say hit XM) then go back in for it to work. Or she will get in the car and there will be nothing where Spotify should be.

I've noticed this before in my '21 MYP but it hasn't happened too often.

Anyone else have issues like this?

Attachments

• 67037522923__BBB6EBDA-D6BB-4CD6-ABA1-E35852EB5827.jpg
    67037522923__BBB6EBDA-D6BB-4CD6-ABA1-E35852EB5827.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 410
Adding myself here. Same issue after the last update. Won't load 90% of the time unless I go to another music app then back to Spotify. Sometimes won't load at all after being asleep for a while, after about 5 minutes I get the refresh arrow and it works. Also had an issue yesterday with it going back to playing the same song even when selecting a different song or playlist.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Same issue here.

Also wouldn't turn on the day after I installed this update and parked. All screens were black but I could technically drive. There was no way I was gonna risk that at night in the rain though. I restet multiply times and walked away and eventually it turned on normally

Same. I have the exact same symptoms from above, and it's annoying af.
There's a thread in the M3 section with the same issue
That thread is a different issue. It's regariding an autoplay issue with Spotify. My issue is Spotify doesn't work at all. Or rarely. Since the update. Just spins and won't stream. When it does, it loads a quarter of my playlist then scrolls forever down the same songs. It's a buggy update Elon sent out.

That thread is a different issue. It's regariding an autoplay issue with Spotify. My issue is Spotify doesn't work at all. Or rarely. Since the update. Just spins and won't stream. When it does, it loads a quarter of my playlist then scrolls forever down the same songs. It's a buggy update Elon sent out.
Yeah, it's actually the same. To remedy your situation, choose "streaming" for a moment. It will quickly load the Slacker play lists, then switch back to spotify and it will load with no issues.
This has been my fix since the problem was consistent.

Reactions: sightman
Same here. Seems to be a pretty widespread issue. For me it usually helps switch to another audio source (tidal for example) and back to Spotify for it to then load the UI. Every time I enter the car the audio banner is asking to select the source too btw.

I don't have S, but 19 X, but also seeing how bad spotify became, I have premium with them, it is slow, buggy, often doesn't change tracks when I press the next, sometimes jumps 5-6 tracks skipping what I wanted etc. Also, just not having sort option by dates or artist is kinda sucks :( Tidal is the same, no sorting