Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify connectivity issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sleepydoc

Aug 2, 2020
Minneapolis
I broke down and got a Spotify subscription with premium connectivity several months ago and I’m still regularly disappointed by it.

The latest issue is it seems to have issues connecting - I’ll search for a song and the search seems to work but when I tap the song to play it I just get a spinning circle. Tesla music connects and switching to my cell phone hot spot doesn’t help so I don’t thing it’s an internet connectivity issue.

I’ve also noticed that podcasts don’t regularly update. One that I follow is an hourly news update and it regularly goes 3+ days without updating.

I’ve tried rebooting the screen and that fixes the issue temporarily but it returns and I can’t reboot while I’m driving.

Has anyone experienced this or have solutions?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike81451
I broke down and got a Spotify subscription with premium connectivity several months ago and I’m still regularly disappointed by it.

The latest issue is it seems to have issues connecting - I’ll search for a song and the search seems to work but when I tap the song to play it I just get a spinning circle. Tesla music connects and switching to my cell phone hot spot doesn’t help so I don’t thing it’s an internet connectivity issue.

I’ve also noticed that podcasts don’t regularly update. One that I follow is an hourly news update and it regularly goes 3+ days without updating.

I’ve tried rebooting the screen and that fixes the issue temporarily but it returns and I can’t reboot while I’m driving.

Has anyone experienced this or have solutions?
I have had similar issues, either logging out/logging back in to Spotify or unfollowing and then re-follow the podcast works most of the time.

I have had similar issues, either logging out/logging back in to Spotify or unfollowing and then re-follow the podcast works most of the time.
I have two Y’s and a S model all with Spotify.
All three have the same issues you all stated.
Took one of the Y’s into Richmond VA service center. They tinkered with some software and three hours later got car back and same problems. Numerous bug reports were issued by me every day.
Made a 2nd appt with some strong but polite words added to my concern.
Got a call from service dept today and stated they acknowledge there is a system wide software issue with Spotify and Apple Music.
They have elevated the problem to “priority status” and waiting for software engineers to issue a patch for the problem. Stay tuned