Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify Daily Mix not updating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Often weeks go by with the Daily Mix playlists not updating. Then they do change at some random point only for the cycle to repeat. This has been happening for the last few months.

Has anyone else faced this? Is there a solution?

Thanks

Mine does it too. It's annoying. It also doesn't update my podcast playlists at times. It might have to do with the fact that I park the car in my garage and the WiFi is only marginal in there, but I'm not sure.

The only sure workaround I've found is rebooting the screen by depressing the two steering wheel buttons. I haven't tried turning off WiFi (I have premium connectivity subscription) because updates almost always require WiFi.

Mine does it too. It's annoying. It also doesn't update my podcast playlists at times. It might have to do with the fact that I park the car in my garage and the WiFi is only marginal in there, but I'm not sure.

The only sure workaround I've found is rebooting the screen by depressing the two steering wheel buttons. I haven't tried turning off WiFi (I have premium connectivity subscription) because updates almost always require WiFi.
Thanks, rebooting triggered the playlists to update! I park in a driveway and perhaps the wifi is spotty at times. If the problem reappears I'll turn off wifi to see if that fixes it more permanently.

I have experienced problems with Spotify since buying my car (Late 2021). Not sure if it is related to poor cell coverage or not, but I opened several tickets with service. Never got the issue fixed. I have since moved on to using TuneIn. I don't have hardly any issues with TuneIn. It's not clear what the issue is to me, but I don't think it's on Tesla's radar to fix. I maybe wrong, but I have watched YouTube videos of people having similar issues like this with Spotify on the tesla, so I am sure its not just me.

I have the same issue with Daily Drive.
Also when using my account in the M3 I have problems with music I’m playing at home ( wife driving car) constantly switching to the Tesla from my home system Spotify connect. To rectify this I created a new account ( have family plan with 6 ) for the car.
A question on the latest software update ( 16.1 ,2) that allows media to be saved to individual profiles. Can separate Spotify logins be associated with each profile?

Same here all along. The Daily Mix lists seem to update sporadically at best. It is annoying because playing the Mix stars with the "wrong" song. Look at Spotify on your phone to see what the Daily Mix list actually is.... and what you see in the car is wrong (old). Still asking for the first song gets you the corrext first song (the current one) but the list is wrong. I've failed a bugreport.

Reactions: DJ Palmis
Same here all along. The Daily Mix lists seem to update sporadically at best. It is annoying because playing the Mix stars with the "wrong" song. Look at Spotify on your phone to see what the Daily Mix list actually is.... and what you see in the car is wrong (old). Still asking for the first song gets you the corrext first song (the current one) but the list is wrong. I've failed a bugreport.
You mean a ticket in the app? They ignored my requests..

Well, its December 16, 2022 and this still is a bug. I reported this issue many times, sent videos of the problem and created service appointments to try and address this problem. I was recently told it's a known issue and they are working on a resolution, but have no ETA. The only thing they suggested was working around the issue by rebooting the screen, etc.. I am hoping the new 2022 holiday update makes some improvements. If not, I have no plans to re-subscribe to Spotify.

Reactions: DJ Palmis
Well, its December 16, 2022 and this still is a bug. I reported this issue many times, sent videos of the problem and created service appointments to try and address this problem. I was recently told it's a known issue and they are working on a resolution, but have no ETA. The only thing they suggested was working around the issue by rebooting the screen, etc.. I am hoping the new 2022 holiday update makes some improvements. If not, I have no plans to re-subscribe to Spotify.

It’s not a bug. They just didn’t build it to refresh constantly or implement a refresh button. It only refreshes when you login to Spotify or connectivity is disabled and reenabled. See my comment right above yours for a workaround.

Thanks for the tip. I just got the update yesterday; however, won't be able to test to see if the new version fixes the Spotify refresh issue until a few days. Tesla has acknowledged this as an issue but hasn't given any ETA to a fix. I have used TuneIn and it doesn't have this issue.

Thanks for the tip. I just got the update yesterday; however, won't be able to test to see if the new version fixes the Spotify refresh issue until a few days. Tesla has acknowledged this as an issue but hasn't given any ETA to a fix. I have used TuneIn and it doesn't have this issue.
Might be too soon, but for the past few drives I did after the update it appears Spotify is now correctly updating the hourly podcasts. Will need a few more days to know for sure.