Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify - entering vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure this has been asked. I’m sorry I tried to search.

Is there any way that Spotify will continue playing in a playlist at the point it stops when I exit the vehicle (using the Tesla interface)?

I exit. Music stops. I re-enter and not only is Spotify clunky making me switch to another source and back to make it work, I have to start an entire playlist again.

I’ve made sure to close the Spotify app on my phone but it doesn’t matter.

Thank you to anyone that can help.

Reactions: thefrog1394
I’m sure this has been asked. I’m sorry I tried to search.

Is there any way that Spotify will continue playing in a playlist at the point it stops when I exit the vehicle (using the Tesla interface)?

I exit. Music stops. I re-enter and not only is Spotify clunky making me switch to another source and back to make it work, I have to start an entire playlist again.

I’ve made sure to close the Spotify app on my phone but it doesn’t matter.

Thank you to anyone that can help.

Everything worked perfect before the 8.2 update then it all broke. 8.3 update sometimes triggers Spotify playing on enter but not like pre 8.2 which was 100% for me.

Reactions: SSFC
I think it's something related to wifi vs cell data. When getting in the car at home this morning (on wifi), Spotify resumed where I left off. When leaving my daughter's daycare (on cell data), Spotify did not resume and made me select a streaming service. I would check again now to confirm, but my car is currently installing the 12.1 update.

Reactions: voxel
I don't have this issue at all. Before I exit I hit the left scroll button to stop play, then when I reenter I hit it to start and it picks up where it left off. In fact, I actually listen to a podcast series on my iPhone when I walk, on Spotify, and the two remain separate, even though I am using the same account in my car.

My car pocks up where it left off regardless of where I am. So it may well be an issue with Spotify in a particular car. I'd try logging out and in again. And I assume the OP has Spotify Premium...?

Nope. Everything worked great before 8.2 with Spotify (Premium also).

I have a 2022 Model Y and a 2022 Model 3 - both with AMD and both built recently.

Both now suffer the same problem. It's most noticeable when I'm about or parked at my new office... where I am not connected to WiFi. Spotify no longer immediately resumes the last song played.

BOTH cars just updated to 12.1 and I will test to see if Spotify now resumes correctly.

8.3 was better but 12.1 seems to be as bad as 8.2. The music UI defaults to "Choose Media Source" and lot of clicking around is required (e.g., switch to Radio and back) before Spotify shows anything and some playlists need several minutes of driving before displaying the playlist. Amateur hour.

Reactions: thefrog1394
Yep, I can confirm that the 12.1 update did not seem to fix this issue on my end. Unable to resume Spotify when on cell data. Resuming on wifi appears to work just fine.

But... I find that as long as the car has data (WiFi or Cellular) if I press the left scroll wheel it just switches back to Spotify and resumes playing. I've been successful with that 95% of the time. YMMV
I'll have to give that a shot tonight. Haven't ever tried to do so, as it looked like it wouldn't work due to asking me to choose a media source.

Reactions: voxel
Yep, I can confirm that the 12.1 update did not seem to fix this issue on my end. Unable to resume Spotify when on cell data. Resuming on wifi appears to work just fine.

I'll have to give that a shot tonight. Haven't ever tried to do so, as it looked like it wouldn't work due to asking me to choose a media source.

Same. 12.1 did not resolve anything.

Spotify won't resume but I do have proper navigation and LTE connections upon entry so it's not related to that - as I wrongly suspected.

Heh, while it definitely could be Spotify itself that is the issue, I can't help but feel that's an easy cop-out answer on the service dept's behalf. It would be one thing if it still brought up Spotify, but didn't resume. I find it odd that it kicks you back to the choose media source screen though.
Its really strange and hard to replicate. This morning was on choose media source, close the door, walk away, open again connects to Spotify.