Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify explicit content and voice commands

Basicbob

Oct 14, 2020
London
Hi

I have some questions which I was hoping someone might be able to assist with.

1 how do I turn off explicit content on Spotify? I have YouTubed it but can’t find it.

2 is there a definitive list of voice commands? I’m particularly interested in the windscreen heater and back one.

thanks

Alistairuk

Jun 25, 2020
Scotland
Hi

I have some questions which I was hoping someone might be able to assist with.

1 how do I turn off explicit content on Spotify? I have YouTubed it but can’t find it.

2 is there a definitive list of voice commands? I’m particularly interested in the windscreen heater and back one.

thanks

Are you using your own account or the Tesla account? If it's your own account you can block it using either the App or Website by disabling Explicit Content in your settings - this will copy to all devices. If it's the built-in tesla account I don't think you can as you have no access to any of the settings, etc from the car as far as I know.

I haven't found an official list of commands - just ask it to "demist windscreen" (that works for definite) / "demist rear window / back window heater on" (I presume works)?

For other commands, as long as you call it whatever the touchscreen calls it, you usually have success/..

Wol747

Aug 26, 2017
Tea Gardens
From my whinges on various sites I seem to be the only one who finds the voice recognition almost useless? Even on the odd occasion it correctly recognises my command - and correctly shows it - it often does something totally unrelated.

Ronac

Oct 16, 2020
Canada
I ran into the same issue with Spotify. I managed to change the explicit song settings on my Spotify app on my phone and the settings changed on the car.

Godsense

Mar 5, 2020
UK
From my whinges on various sites I seem to be the only one who finds the voice recognition almost useless? Even on the odd occasion it correctly recognises my command - and correctly shows it - it often does something totally unrelated.

I certainly don't think your alone, i would agree with you.

Voice Commands

Moded3

Oct 1, 2019
Houston,TX
I have family plan and the only account that can update explicit filter in the car is the main account. Members account doesn't reflect changes in explicit content selection in the account settings.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 10.06.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-03 at 10.06.56 AM.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 5

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC