Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Spotify for the US coming end of Summer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have the Plus version or the top tiered Premium membership for Slacker? thanks
I have the Tesla "standard" Plus subscription right now. I've been waiting for it to expire to upgrade, but so far Tesla hasn't shut off the Slacker gravy train.

I would certainly be willing to try Spotify. I thought Pandora was da bomb before Tesla introduced me to Slacker. I just want the option to choose. If Tesla is going to whack my Slacker account, I'd like the option to transfer it to a "personal" account first to preserve my stations.

Reactions: ldgrmnmc
The sheer amount of repetition is surprising. It's not just over long drives, either. I have a 30 minute drive to work and left it set to a "Foo Fighters - Everlong" search for a week. Every day on the drive to and from work the first song played would be Everlong (this is fine, given the search), but at least 2 of the following songs would be repeats from the last time I was in the car. At the end of the week, I realized I wasn't hearing any new songs, just songs I'd heard earlier in the week. If I wanted the exact same playlist every morning I'd just listen to a Top 40 terrestrial station. The lack of diversity is extremely surprising.

Would be pretty excited to abandon it for Spotify.

Haha, I have the exact same radio station and I completely agree. It always starts with Everlong and goes through the same rotation.

Reactions: DDotJ and Gizmotoy
I recently saw an EAP release of 8.0 (US) and they have redone the media player, and I can confirm there is no longer a Slacker. It has been replaced with Spotify.

Did you happen to notice if it got any more station presets? I know this is a controversial subject, with many arguing it's unnecessary, but I personally have more than 6 stations I like to listen to on XM....

Did you happen to notice if it got any more station presets? I know this is a controversial subject, with many arguing it's unnecessary, but I personally have more than 6 stations I like to listen to on XM....
For internet radio don't you have Favorites rather than presets? I have well over a dozen favorites for Slacker, many of them artists based like "Bruce Springsteen" and others are the pre-canned Genre channels on Slacker like "Traditional Blues". I don't know that there really is a finite limit for these.

For internet radio don't you have Favorites rather than presets? I have well over a dozen favorites for Slacker, many of them artists based like "Bruce Springsteen" and others are the pre-canned Genre channels on Slacker like "Traditional Blues". I don't know that there really is a finite limit for these.

Sorry. I'm referring to the number of FM/XM presets. I also have dozens of "favorites" on Internet radio.

You still use FM/XM??? I let my XM sub lapse after I bought my Tesla as I consider Slacker to be way superior to XM, unless you want specific content that is only on XM.

I do, and I've found it useful on trips where there is poor LTE coverage. Slacker would not work for long stretches between DC and Atlanta and between Atlanta and Orlando for lack of signal. I also like having the audio from the major TV news stations (CNN, Fox, etc.), comedy channels, morning shows.... I love slacker and use it quite a bit, but when it starts to repeat tracks too much or cut out from poor cell coverage, I'll jump over to XM. Seems to me that one is not superior to another empirically, but that the two compliment each other well.